To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 3, 2015

Halloween | Hayrides

Halloween 2015 was great, in fact it goes down in the books as the best so far. 

We started a new tradition this year, a family hayride, and by family, I mean family and friends and it was a whole lot of fun!

First things first, Saturday morning. We woke up bright and early and got ready for the parade. All three of us had a blast riding the golf cart and Cadence sure did love throwing candy.



Kisses before the parade :)

After the parade we headed to my sisters to start on the Halloween fun.
I adored my makeup this year. I love dark colors but it's not something I'd flaunt every day, so with Halloween giving me the opportunity to wear purple lipstick, well, why not?

Scarecrow, Cowgirl and Batgirl



Then we started with the scavenger hunt...Tarl and Cadence won and everyone had a blast!


After the fun and games we headed for some trick-or-treating and fun!


She loved the firetruck!


We all rode in the wagon...so fun!

Then we all went on a hayride.
It lasted about two and a half hours. 
We rode and rode and rode and the darker it got the more fun it got!



This selfie with everyone in the shot is my most favorite pic of the night!





Now it's all about Thanksgiving and Christmas!
We may or may not have already decorated our home :)

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger