To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 9, 2015

It comes in 3s...

I always hated that saying, "it comes in 3s".
It sounds so cryptic. Like if you've only been hit once or twice, expect more to come, but in this case tis true. 

If you haven't heard what happened to us last Thursday afternoon, read about it here.

Lo and behold Cadence woke up with a stuffy nose and congestion on Friday. Well there's #2. I dreaded her getting a fever but praise the Lord it seems that it's just allergies or a head cold and I pray that's all there is to it. She was still mildly congested this morning but not like she was on Friday.

The third came this morning. I felt Tarl tossing and turning all through the night but being sleepy and weary myself didn't think anything else about it until my alarm went off at 7 and I heard him groan "I don't feel good at all". Tarl is never one to get sick so when he gets sick you know he's sick. 

He just called and said the doctor checked him over and it's a mixture of a bad cold and sinus issues. Unfortunately something that has to run it's coarse. He's also been getting really bad headaches but more so on the lower portion of his neck where his neck and spine meet rather than an actual headache like you or I get. While at the doctor this morning he mentioned it to them and they sent him over for x-rays. She did mention to him that it's common in men his age to have some pain there if they played sports in their past. Tarl played a ton of sports, so she did say it could be early signs of arthritis. Eeek-but it could be worse so I'm just praying for a positive outcome. 

Please keep my family in your prayers.

Other than all that going on it was actually a pretty good weekend with my aunt in town. 
We played cards all day yesterday and by all day I'm not exaggerating. Starting at 11 and not leaving until 6:30 last night we played cards. My back is sore but it was well worth it. 

She leaves to go back home on Wednesday. I'm already dreading it. She and I have become so close in the past 5 years and it's always an emotional rollercoaster of tears when she goes to leave but with her now being retired she can come visit a lot more often, possibly even Thanksgiving (which is now less than 3 weeks away BTW!).

I'll have my list of Thanksgiving favorites coming soon, but for now I'm ready to rid my family of colds and neck pains...xo

1 comment

  1. I get headaches like that, in that exact spot, and have been for the past couple of years. I haven't been to a doctor yet but I've been meaning to visit a chiropractor first. Have you ever heard of occipital neuralgia? From googling my symptoms that's what I've pretty much come to the conclusion it is. I work on the computer so I'm thinking it's worsened by that.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger