To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Recap and Olly is back!

 Thanksgiving 2015 was one for the books!
Lots of time spent with family, even family from Florida that we too often don't get a chance to see and spend time with.


my sweet girl!

my first cousin, Ronnie, from Florida


Lots of sweets were baked in my kitchen Thursday morning! Lots...






Aunt Nancy

Dad

Aunt Nancy & Cousin Tony


Olly also arrived on Thanksgiving morning. Cadence was smiling from ear to ear!



He left her a note stating that she could give him welcome hugs and then show him his balloon in the parade when it came on TV.


She was happy to oblige :)


Friday morning we found him hiding under a glitter Christmas tree.


Saturday he told us all about the boat parade in Savannah.




love my family!

(and I am wearing a different shirt - I spilled food all over my top so I ran into Victoria's Secret and snagged a loose t-shirt #typicalme)


As usual, the boat parade was amazing. Great lights, people shouting Merry Christmas. It's always a lot of fun! 






We also checked out a gingerbread display.


When we got home and tucked Cadence in bed, she immediately felt warm to me. I knew she had a fever. We checked her temp and sure enough, an even 100 degrees. She wasn't even acting ill and didn't complain the first time during the boat parade. It just goes to show how quickly these things can come on. 

All day yesterday she ran a fever and it has carried on through this morning now with a sore throat, cough and runny nose. My poor girl is just not feeling well at all. Daddy stayed home with her today and I already gave my boss the notice for me tomorrow. Lots of snuggles and soup for her. 

Olly brought her a little treat yesterday morning to make her feel better. A special ornament straight from the North Pole. There's actually a hallmark movie about it and we just love it.

you can see her little watery eyes :(


...and this morning...


It's always tough coming back to work after a long weekend. It's even harder when you have a little one at home sick that you want to be with. Being optimistic though, I'm so very happy that we can now focus on all things Christmas. 

xo

1 comment

  1. I love her Christmas outfit with matching scarf. If you don't mind, where did you find that?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger