To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 6, 2015

Friday Fun



So yesterday I got the dreaded phone call from school.
Naturally when you see the number pop up on your phone you immediately think something is wrong with your child, their sick, they have a broken arm as a result of playground play, something along those lines, but nope...

"Miranda, Cadence has lice."

Ugh...Y'all, I immediately left work, picked her up, headed straight to the drug store and spent $40 in lice products, lice spray and cleaning products. We spent the next fours hours combing her hair, washing it, along with cleaning and bleaching our house from top to bottom.

I then took her to my sister who is a beautician that owns her salon and had her check to ensure that I got everything out of Cadence's hair. I also had her check Tarl and myself to make sure we didn't have any. Praise the Lord there were no signs left.

Thing is, we received a letter from school last week stating that lice was present in school. We have received this letter each year because it's a pretty normal thing, but we've never received "that" phone call until yesterday. We didn't dodge the lice bullet this year.

Luckily we got them all and even her teacher said that she only saw a couple nits which pretty much means she most likely got them that day. Either way, my house is now completely spotless and Cadence is lice free.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, school is no joke folks!
Germs, lice, scrapes, cuts, broken arms, scuffs...it's not for the faint of heart, but maybe that's just kids in general :)

So that was my day yesterday.



As always, on Friday's, I share my favorite memes, quotes, inspirational messages or just random, silly stuff from the week. Here you go...









My aunt is in town this week. So exciting!
If all goes well we plan on riding the golf cart though town and all around the neighborhood. She saw our golf cart and asked when we go golfing. I said "Aunt Nancy, around these parts we use a golf cart to ride around." She beamed from ear to ear and said I can't wait to do this, so I told her we'd do lots of it this weekend. We'll also have a little cook out and play cards. It's a tradition that the three of us do together (Aunt, me and mom). Love when that crazy lady comes and visits!


I saw this table centerpiece and immediately wanted to go out and buy all of the items needed for it. 
Simple and southern. I love the white painted deer horns.




Happy Friday friends! Lord knows I am so very happy the weekend has arrived, especially after yesterday's debacle. Bright side is, our home is spotless and so is Cadence's head :)

xo

                 
join the fun here                                             join the fun here

4 comments

  1. Oh my gosh those mean country tweets!! That is totally hilarious. I think I'm going to have to add that to my Friday favorites. My first time to stop by....heading over from oh, hey Friday! Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! Some people were just raised different! That is a good reminder♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful centerpiece! I'd love to see how it comes out if you do it. Found you from the linkup.. your blog name caught my eye ;) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain about the lice! I'm a teacher and it is always so tough when lice is going around. It's so tough on the mom's that get that dreaded phone call, but so happy you nipped it in the bud quickly! Your little girl is so lucky to have a Mom that cares and took care of it so quickly :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger