To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 30, 2015

Friday Five | Halloween, Pics, a Hayride and More!


Sigh, Friday has arrived. Can I get an Amen!?!
It seems that when you're looking forward to something (Halloween) the week just drags and drags.



So ABC Family finally released their 25 days of Christmas countdown and I am so very excited about this! I'll have an entire post dedicated to Christmas shows and movies come December so stay tuned!

In the meantime though, these are my families must watch movies each December:

Elf
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
The Polar Express
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (cartoon version)
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
The Year Without a Santa Claus
Rudolph
Frosty the Snowman
The Muppet's Christmas Carol




Here are some of my favorites from this week...







We got our family pictures back and they are so beautiful. I actually ordered our Christmas cards this week and am so smitten with how they turned out. The disc had about 70 pictures on it, but here are some of my personal favorites...











These last two are the same, one is in black and white and the other in color. This may be my most favorite picture out of the bunch because it's so candid and we had absolutely no clue that our photographer was taking a picture at that moment.

Cadence had stepped on my toe, which caused me to fall back, Tarl caught me and in the midst almost fell back himself, which then caused Cadence to fall back. We didn't fall, Tarl caught us all, but when we stood up we were all cracking up. I love love love candid moments like this and it may sound cheesy but I can see the love Tarl has for me in these pictures. Love his smile. Love Cadence's cheesy little grin and although I don't favor my profile very much (pointy nose) I love my laugh :)





I swore up and down I was going to go with a very crisp clean contemporary style Christmas card this year. Something white and neutral, but screw that, Christmas is about color, right?

I'm all for silvers and golds, but as soon as I saw this card on Vistaprint I couldn't resist, so I ordered, plus the cost was really inexpensive. I did pay a little extra to get a matte finish because I do prefer that over a glossy one. 

Although the pic is a little fuzzy you get the idea.


I did order them early that way when they come in I can take the time and decorate each envelope with some sort of washi tape or calligraphy to give it an extra special look.


'tis the season!



It's Friday and I'm off to celebrate Halloween with my loved ones once I get off work.

My cute little pumpkin was very much looking forward to her school day as they are having their Halloween party. They were to wear a Halloween shirt. What's more fitting for Halloween than a pumpkin?!

(and some bows too!)


My sister-in-law texted me last night and said "I really want to do a haunted hayride. We have the hay, a tractor and a trailer so we can do it"...I couldn't text back fast enough, "of course we're in!"
 So that's another thing added to our Halloween list. So ready!

Happy Halloween y'all.

I'll be back to blogging in November ;)

x0



2 comments

  1. your family pictures are beautiful,and i love your christmas card!
    also, i saw the 25 days of christmas list and totally did a happy dance..don't know if i will be able to hold off on the holiday movies until december though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Love your daughter's big bow! We are so excited for the Christmas shows coming up! We are so ready for Christmas around here!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger