To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 23, 2015

Friday Goodies | Christmas Card Edition and More



Look at these amazing ways to decorate envelopes for the upcoming holidays...




It's amazing what a little washi tape and some calligraphy pens can do. 
I may try and attempt this, this year.




Speaking of envelopes, check out some of my favorite Christmas cards from Tiny Prints.









If you couldn't tell I have a current obsession with foil stamped products. Swoon!



Keeping up with the subject of Christmas cards, we're having our family pictures done this weekend. Y'all we are past due for some professional family pictures. Sure, we have tons of family pictures together but the last time we've had them done by a professional Cadence was 4 months old...yikes! This is something I plan on changing and hope to continue doing this annually.

I've gone back and forth on what kind of color combination we should go with and ultimately decided hues of blue and crisp whites. I didn't want to do red because I want to get some of these framed and I feel too much red screams Christmas. We're getting our pictures taken on a plantation with old oaks and hanging moss so I wanted to keep it very southern, something simple and something that's us. 

Hints of navy, white and some other blue colors are just perfect for fall portraits in my opinion. I plan on wearing my cowboy boots full of scuff marks from constant wear. Cadence will of course have a huge bow in her hair and Tarl will wear his most favorite blue button up. 

Outfits that are simply us, and of course, that mesh well together.




Today is 50s day at school.
Poodle skirts, peter pan tops, pony tails and big hair ties. Love love love it.


I think Cadence was most excited about the red lipstick and blush :)



I just downloaded the Holy Bible app yesterday on my phone and it's so easy to maneuver. You can highlight in it, and it has all of the chapters and is simple to use. I read through the first six chapters of John yesterday and it's a shame to say but that's the most I've ever read of the Bible in one day. It's just that easy to work and understand plus I love the highlighting part of it for scriptures that truly reach out to me. Don't worry either, it's free! Go and download, you won't regret it!

P.S. Another feature I love is the verse of the day.
Today's is Galatians 5:1 - Stand fast therefor in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Happy Friday!

1 comment

  1. I really wish I could do calligraphy so my Christmas envelopes could look that cute! I've been meaning to look for a class that I can take... and this just reminded me of that :)

    Justine @ Charm City Ciemny's
    www.lifeasabaltimoregirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger