To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 12, 2015

Monday Morning | Fall Weekending

This weekend was full of fun fall festivities. See...




We've been coming to this pumpkin patch ever since Cadence was in my belly. I was 8 months pregnant the first time we went and it was love at first pumpkin and the fact that I looked like I was hoarding a pumpkin was hilarious.

Seriously though, there are pumpkins everywhere. Even when you pull in the drive.

The first thing you see is the little pumpkin maze. The first few years it was tricky, but now she walks through it with ease. So hard to believe our precious girl is growing into a little lady.

My personal favorite is the pig race and the petting zoo.






Then we take the hay ride to the pumpkin patch. Picking out the right pumpkin is serious business in our family.













Cadence's face makes me laugh in the above pic.
Y'all the stem on that pumpkin was the longest one I had ever seen. I couldn't believe it.

We took the hayride back for some more pics and games before heading home.




After the pumpkin patch Tarl surprised us with our favorite, Japanese.
I'll be the first one to tell you, hibachi is pricey, so it's a rare treat, but we splurge every now and then and it was delicious!


Love my family!

After dinner we headed back into town and attended the Fall Festival that the school put on. Cadence played games and slid down a blow up slide a countless number of times.


Then we went and hung out with my sister-in-law and brother. 
Tons of fun and a packed Saturday.

On Sunday morning I woke up bright and early at 5:50am. I had set my alarm for 5:30, but good ole snooze let me sleep in for another 20 minutes. I grabbed a cozy blanket and went and snuggled on the couch with my notes, a pen and of course my phone to make our Disney dining reservations. 

Y'all, it was then I realized God had truly given me the sweetest man. I heard him get up, he came in the living room, got snuggled on the couch under the cover with me and stayed up the entire time I did while I made those reservations. I asked him what he was doing and he flat out said, "I don't know how to make all the reservations but it's not fair for you to have to get up early and do it by yourself." I melted right there on our couch. It only took about 15 minutes and I'm happy to report I got every single reservation time we wanted, even the bibbidi bobbidi boutique appointment in Cinderella's castle for Cadence to get all princess'ified.

We went right back to bed after it was all said and done for some much needed sleep.

Once we got up we watched The Nighmare Before Christmas and snuggled in bed until about 3:30. What can I say it was just a lazy day.

We knew we had to go do some grocery shopping for the week, so we loaded up and again, my wonderful man surprised us and took us to see Hotel Transylvania 2, which was such a cute movie. We loved the first movie and this one was as equally good.

If you're looking for something fun for you and the kids to do, I suggest this movie.

Last night I finished some crafts I have been working on for Halloween and Christmas.

(thrift store hat, dollar store items like leaves, a sunflower and some faux moss, along with scissors and glue gun make a perfect scarecrow hat.)

You'll have to wait until Halloween to see the final product. I also finished Cadence's costume too!

My sweet father-in-law built the base for my scarecrow/snowman decoration. My mother-in-law and I fell in love with it when we first saw it on Pinterest so she got with her husband and he made some for us. Cadence requested she be a scarecrow girl, so long hair it was.


...and on the other side awaiting December...


Speaking of December I couldn't resist putting in a Christmas tree wax melt. Y'all it smelt divine in my home last night.


Before I knew it, this morning arrived and it was Monday again.


I love it when Tarl leaves his hat in my car, especially with Monday (I don't care) hair.

I hope y'all have a blessed week! xo



No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger