To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 29, 2015

Fall Fun Survey

Christina over at Hungry Meets Healthy posted this yesterday and I thought it was a great idea so I decided to do the same.


Fall Fun Survery

Favorite candle scent



Y'all it's a mix between apple and cinnamon and smells unbelievable! I love candles but prefer wax melts so that's what we always stock up on.


Favorite fall fragrance

If we're not talking about candles and just a smell of something "fall-ish" it would definitely have to be the smell of a fire. This time of year my dad builds these little bonfires and the smell of the pine and burning leaves is just the best. It brings great memories of talks between family while sitting around those fires. 


Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?

Coffee, all day, everyday!


Favorite Thanksgiving food

My moms baked ham. 
No one can cook a ham like my mom, period.


Favorite fall memory

Hands down, Disney last year. We even attended Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party!
Best fall thus far!





Favorite pie

Apple!


Most worn sweater

It's hot pink and has gold sequin elbow patches. I purchased it off Poshmark but it's from Banana Republic. It was originally $80 and I only paid $20 for it. Score!

I haven't worn it yet because it hasn't been cold enough but I know it's going to be a favorite and by the end of winter be my "most worn".


What is the fall weather like where you live

Sometimes hot as balls and other times you think it's the dead of winter, then there are those perfect 70 degree days...just depends.


Football games or jumping in a pile of leaves?

Football.


What song gets you into the fall spirit?

I don't really know of any "fall" songs other than Kenny Chesney's, 'The boys of Fall', does that count? Now if this was a Christmas survey I could go on and on about what songs get me into the Christmas spirit :)


Dark lips or winged eyeliner?

I don't really do either, but if I had to choose it would be the dark lips.
I actually own a really deep purple matte lip color that I love but I just hate the way it looks on me. I purchased it for Halloween last year and may wear it again this Halloween.


Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?

No. I have tried the pumpkin spice latte, twice and I don't get it.
Then there's all this pumpkin spice stuff...some is good but y'all, I just don't get it.


Favorite fall T.V. show

The Walking Dead, duh!


Combat boots or Uggs?

Neither! Cowboy boots, always!


Skinny jeans or leggings?

Skinny jeans! I live in skinny jeans and love them!


Halloween; yay or nay?

Yes, it's my 2nd favorite holiday :)


Fall mornings or evenings?

Evenings, because most mornings I have to work.
I love crisp fall evenings sitting on the porch.


What do you think about black Friday?

I have no issues with black Friday or people working it.

Here's the thing, if you get a job in retail, chances are you have to work black Friday. I know it sucks but it's part of it. I'm very fortunate that I now have a job that I don't have to work it, but I used to and it sucked, but again, part of the territory, and I knew this when I took the job.

As far as shopping on black Friday goes. After Thanksgiving has winded down, and time spent with family is over, if I can save $300+ then I'm going to go find the deals to do just that.

But, to each his own.


One fall 2015 trend you love

Blanket Scarves!
Monogrammed blanket scarves!

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger