To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 19, 2015

Weekend | Pumpkins and Plaid



On Friday night we got to watch our sweet girl cheer during halftime at the football game. Of course I'm partial, but she shined. She did so very good. All the girls did well with their cheers, dances and stunts. Seriously just precious!

Cadence has had friends stay over before but she's never stayed with any of her friends. She's been asked but we've always had something going on except for Saturday. It was her very first sleepover with a friend and she had a blast. They played outside, made their very own book store, built a tent and when I went and picked her up at 11 they were still in jammies and just got done eating cinnamon rolls.

Tarl and I took the opportunity to go and purchase some goodies for Cadence since she wasn't around. We stocked up on some long sleeve shirts and I even purchased some more Disney PJs for our trip in April. We also started on her Christmas shopping which made me so happy!

Seeing all of the Christmas decor along with the smell of pine just puts a smile on my face!

After the shopping trip my man treated me to a fancy dinner at cracker barrel :)


You may laugh but the biscuits are jam up! #punintended
For real though...

Once we picked Cadence up we spent some time with her painting pumpkins. 
Unfortunately our pumpkin patch pumpkins had already started to rot so the only alternative was to paint them, so that's just what we did. 

Sweet girl chose pink, go figure :)



Tarl said we are going to keep tradition alive and for sure carve some pumpkins this week. 
He said he was going to buy three pumpkins for us. That man sure does love carving pumpkins for Halloween. I can't wait to see what we come up with.

It's finally cool weather here in the lowcountry, finally.
I've only been waiting on this for months!
I broke out my blanket scarf and am obsessed.
Plaid, cozy, and monogrammed, need I say more?


Have a blessed week y'all!





No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger