To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 20, 2015

S&T Tuesday | Halloween Costumes


Cadence's nickname from me has always been 'bug'. To everyone else she's cady-bug, but to me, just 'bug' and it's our little thing. Her very first Halloween she went as a little bug, a pink bug, a little pink lady bug in fact.

I had the perfect little lady bug outfit all picked out but in typical lowcountry fashion it was close to 100 degrees outside so we went with plan #2. I cut the wings off of the actual outfit, found a pink onesie and velcro'd them on. Then we let her wear her little ladybug antennas.



It hurts my heart to see this precious baby happily playing with a $1 pumpkin and toys scattered all throughout our living room floor. Where did the time go?!

Her second Halloween may be my most favorite as far as costumes go. Cadence has always loved birds. Chickens, baby bitties, ducks, peacocks, she loves them and living on our little farm we always have some type of bird squawking around so it was only right for her to be some type of little bird and she chose a cute little duck.



a little duck chasing after some peacocks

a little duck who lost her duck hat and one duck slipper

Y'all looking at these pictures makes me tear up! Hold those little babies near and dear because they grow up so very fast!

Her third Halloween she went as a little witch. I hand made the tulle skirt and although you can't see it I used an iron on witch embroider for the shirt. The hat we found at Walmart I believe, but the hat was the start of it all. She saw the hat, wanted it and I built the rest around it.


I have searched above and below and for the life of me cannot find her 4th Halloween pictures anywhere but I remember it just as if it were yesterday, she went as a black cat. This is where Cadence's obsession with kittens and cats came into full swing and she just had to be a black kitty :)

Then she was a witch again. Trust me, I tried talking her out of being something she has already been but y'all she loved this dress and well, it's her choice after all.


She was just so happy to have that orange streak in her hair :)

...and last year...


Hello Kitty!

To be honest she was never a huge hello kitty fan, but she saw the pink costume and with the love she still has for cats she was sold, so Hello Kitty she was.

This year she shocked both Tarl and I with what she wanted to be!

I can't wait to share...



No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger