To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 21, 2015

A little of this, a little of that...


So last night we continued our annual tradition of pumpkin carving and it was our best yet!

Tarl called me while I was on the way home from work and asked if I wanted to meet him and Cadence at the store to pick out pumpkins. Well...duh!

So we met and we each picked out our very own pumpkins.

These pictures are before our hands turned orange due to all the innards of the pumpkin itself.
My hands were covered in pumpkin seeds thus no pics of us actually hollowing them out. 


She wore her pumpkin shirt for the occasion :)


We always free hand our drawings. In my opinion it's more authentic. No stencils here!


We all enjoy The Nightmare Before Christmas. It's such a great movie to watch during the Halloween season, so each of us chose pumpkins that coincided with the movie.

Tarl chose Jack


Cadence chose Zero
(and no lie, the kid free handed this herself! She looked at his picture from my phone and completely drew this all by herself. Tarl carved to her specific drawing)


Oogey Boogey for me!


Our little trio of pumpkins!


Love doing that every year. It's so much fun!

Last night we also ordered our Boo at the Zoo tickets for this weekend. You have to pre-order them which I did not know. Something told me to look at the website last night and I did. I went to the FAQs page and sure enough it states in bold print, you have to pre-purchase tickets, no tickets will be sold at the gate. Whew...that would've been bad to drive to Columbia just to turn around and come right back home.

So if you're in the Columbia, SC area and are thinking of going to Boo at the Zoo...learn from me...buy those tickets beforehand. All I did was call the ticket office, but they also sell them online. I would've done this but my stupid galaxy wouldn't cooperate with the website. Also learn from my mistake. If you have an iPhone, never think that a galaxy is better because it's not!

This was my memory this morning on Facebook. 2012...sigh!



Believe it or not, I met him again two weeks later at his concert in Savannah (because yeah if he's in the area, regardless of the time frame we get tickets! I legit had 4 tickets to see him in my wallet at one time because he had so many concerts in our area) and he remembered who I was. He said, I met you in Columbia, didn't I? I said you sure did. He said I'm sorry if I was being an ass but I was so sick that entire day. He spent about another 4 minutes talking to me and taking pictures. 
Best meet & greet ever!

Here we are in Savannah...




Tarl mentioned earlier this week that it had been a while since we've been to one of his concerts. Well husband I couldn't agree more. It's due time!

xo



No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger