To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 14, 2015

A little of this...


My embroidery gal has been hitting it out the park lately! I received my monogrammed blanket scarf last night and it's perfect. It's monogrammed beautifully and I cannot wait until it's cool enough to wrap this around me.



Have you ever had a dream seem so real you wake up wondering?
Y'all last night I had a dream I had twin boys. They were absolutely precious and around 6 months old. They were taters. Chunky babies with bald heads and just the cutest little things you ever did see. I woke up in a sweat. The dream seemed so real I wondered where my babies were?

The topic of a 2nd child happens quite often. If it were up to Tarl I'd currently be pregnant with our 3rd! I'm still not 100%. It's not the fact of if I want one or not because I do, it's the fact of finances, private education and all the other factors that come along with having another child.

That dream didn't help the situation. It put my baby fever into overdrive.


Tarl woke me up this morning with a Happy Birthday and a smile.
He told me that if he had endless funds he would have booked a New York trip on a private jet, and we would have headed straight to Tiffany's on 5th to have me pick out whatever I wanted.
It's the thought that counts, right?

He kinda did take me to NYC though. My birthday gift this year was the plane tickets he bought for my trip last month and I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. 

I'm ready to spend some time with my family this afternoon. It's the last year in my 20s and I have to live it up! :)


Yesterday at work my phone started ringing. It was my sweet girl skypeing me  - just look at her sweet little dimple. Precious!


She's had cheerleading this week and couldn't wait to tell me all about it. I heard about tumbles, stunts, dances, cheers...she went on a mile a minute telling me all about it. 
Love her!


Happy half week loves!


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger