To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

October 15, 2015

A Thursday Thought

Yesterday I arrived home to dinner cooked, the table set and this sweet cake that my little girl made all by herself with the help of her daddy. It's hard to tell but the candles are sea creatures (seahorses, fish, etc.) because she knows how much I love nautical things. 

She iced it all by herself and loaded it full of pastel sprinkles.


It truly is the little things that have the biggest impact on your heart. 
To think that my husband who worked all day long came home, cleaned up the house, made dinner and helped Cadence bake this cake just to put a smile on my face...that my friends is love, true love in it's purest form. 

I'm beyond blessed to have him.

I'm beyond blessed to have Cadence.

I'm blessed that the Good Lord has provided for me with all of His blessings these past 29 years. I cannot wait to see what else he has in store for our lives. 

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger