To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 21, 2015

Boots are Back Y'all


Today is Friday, can I get a woo-hoo?!
Seriously though, I'm glad the weekend has arrived. I even have a pretty good hair day going on, gotta document that, right?


It may still be 90 something degrees, but football officially starts in our little hometown tonight, which in my book, means the official start of Fall. That's the excuse I'm going with anyways, because as of this morning I broke out these beauties!

It feels so good to be wearing tall boots!


These are seriously my most favorite boots I have ever had. I always invest in a new pair of boots each year. Something different than the year before, but I may get another pair of these this year, just for when these start getting normal wear and tear, I'll be covered. 

The color is just gorgeous. A mix between gray and brown, so it truly goes with everything, and they are beyond comfortable. I purchased them from Rack Room Shoes. I didn't find them online, but they do still have them in stores, they did in Savannah at least. 

These are gorgeous too! I love the western look of them.


(and they're on sale!)

You can also find a $10 coupon off of a $60 purchase at the Rack Room Shoes website - hurry, go print it out!

//

On Wednesday I took a half day. I like to do this sporadically throughout the year so I can pick Cadence up from school and we can enjoy the day together. I dropped her off that morning. 
How cute is she?!


And I surprised her that afternoon when I picked her up from school :)
We went home and I cooked her a cinnamon toast snack, the same snack I used to get when I got picked up from school. It was a great memory to have.


Side Note: It's hilarious to me how straight her hair was that morning, and how curly it was when I picked her up. Humidity, gotta love it!

//

I saw this on Pinterest and I love every thing about it!

Cottage Chic Antique Buffet & hutch. Beautiful display of your dishes, glassware, etc.

I need this in my house. Ok, maybe I don't need, but I truly want this in my house. The white distressed color. The three accent drawers. All of the decorative chests on the lower two shelves, and all of the crisp white dishes that adorn it. #smitten

//


//

Read this, and get the tissues ready!



Happy Friday folks!

1 comment

  1. I'm with you... bring on Fall!! Boots, sweaters, sweatshirts, and cooler evenings and mornings! Am visiting from Five on Friday and am your newest GFC follower. Hope you'll stop by The Classy Chaos and say hi. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger