To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 14, 2015

First Grade on a Friday


I just purchased this top off of Asos this morning and cannot wait to wear it. 
My current obsession is anything that shows a little shoulder, and this shows a whole lot of shoulder. 
I've never worn a shirt that was completely off the shoulder like this one, but I imagine paired with some skinny jeans and tall brown boots, it'll be just perfect for date nights in the fall.


//

New York is slowly on the horizon. My sister and I are in the 30s now, counting them down one day at a time. I'm ready to walk those city streets again. Sipping coffee on little corner cafes, eating at some of the worlds most amazing restaurants. Seriously September, you can come anytime. 

Speaking of travelling, our family Disney trip is now only 8 months away. We planned it a year ago, so now that we are only 8 months out, it doesn't seem so long. 

I just recently came across an Etsy shop who makes monograms for Disney magic bands.


She makes them with Lilly Pulitzer vinyl too!
I mean here, just take my money!


These are a must for Cadence and I!

//

I cannot believe that  as of today Tarl and I have an official first grader on our hands.
 Days are long, but the years are short <-- so damn true!

The summer went by so quickly. I'd say I'm sad to see it go, but in all honesty, we still have about a month of hot weather, so it's not truly over. Cadence was beyond ready to be back at school to learn and spend time with her friends.

Tarl, Cadence and I have had a great summer, but we are all ready for mums and pumpkins and tall white chocolate mochas!



//

Cadence has a pageant coming up closer to the end of August and tonight we go and do her most favorite thing, try on pretty dresses. We have a lady whom we rent pageant dresses from and oh my goodness they are gorgeous! The room is filled with sparkly things, rhinestones, glitz goodies everywhere! We always love going to visit. My mom is riding along and we're making a girls night out of it.

Happy Weekend - xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger