To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 17, 2015

Lilly Pulitzer Virgin

I snagged each goodie that I wanted from the Lilly Pulitzer online sale. 
It was my first ever LP sale and I'm glad to say, it wasn't as much a nightmare as what people made it out to be. Sure, the Adie Shorts in Shorely Blue were sold out, but thankfully, I snagged them at 6pm.com for even cheaper than what the LP sale had them online for, so with that 6pm purchase, I got every item I had wanted.

(all images via Lilly Pulitzer)


I have been eyeing that Janice Shift Dress in white (one) ever since I started liking LPs clothing, but I wasn't about to pay that $238 price tag! My prom dresses didn't even cost that much.
So when I saw that gorgeous beauty on sale for $66, I snagged it up. 

The thing about the LP sale is that even though an item may be in your shopping cart, does not guarantee it will be there when you check out, so if you truly want something, buy it as soon as you put it in  your cart, and then go back and purchase other things. 

The Janice shift dress was my #1, but I also knew I wanted Cadence to have a matching Besame Mucho print to go along with my Christine sundress in the same print, so I snagged up the Deanna Romper (five), and checked out with those two items.

Next, it was onto shorts! My #1 in shorts were the Scuba to Cuba Callahans (two) and then the Adie shorts in Shorely Blue (four). By the time I when to checkout the Adie shorts were sold out, so I went ahead and checked out with my Scuba to Cuba, because I did not want to miss those!

After I checked out with my Scuba to Cuba shorts, I searched a lot of online boutiques that sell LP also, and they were all sold out. I follow a few LP resale pages and someone mentioned 6pm. I've followed 6pm for a while now but never thought to look there, so I visited the site, and although the prices reflected sale prices (or in this case, even cheaper!), when I would go to checkout, it was showing them at their full price of $68 - not going to happen! I emailed customer service and not 10 minutes later the site was working and reflecting the sale price of $28.90, so I quickly snagged up those shorts and checked out. 

Last on my list were Big Flirt Callahans (three). I had waited all day, and didn't know if I wanted to splurge on another LP purchase, but I knew I would regret not buying them, and they were on sale at $24 off with free shipping, so I took the plunge.

I'm so happy with my LP purchases!

What did you get?!

1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger