To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 17, 2015

weekend and Lilly


This weekend was a nice relaxing weekend. Tarl was on call so he couldn't do much, so we stayed around the house all weekend, spending time together and doing a little pre-fall cleaning.

We had such beautiful weather so I made sure we made the most of our time outside.

I will say this though, I slept in until 10:30 on Sunday! I haven't slept in that late in  years. It was great, and much needed!

Yesterday afternoon Cadence and I rode over to my sisters home and we all went for a golf cart ride.






Love living in the beautiful lowcountry!


On Friday evening my mom tagged along while Cadence and I tried on pageant dresses for her upcoming pageant. As much as she and I both love pink, we've never gone with a pink dress up until now. 


We tried on a white and gold dress, this one, a purple one and a mint green one and she loved this pink one. So did I. So did my mom, so we're going with pink this time - look at that smile!


I shopped my very first Lilly Pulitzer sale this morning and got everything I wanted, but one pair of shorts. They had the shorts in stock, they just didn't have them in my size, bummer, but I'll continue to keep an eye out on the resale pages. There was actually a pair posted for sale online today in my size, but the girl wanted more than they were for sale, brand new, online, and I'm not one to pay markup unless I am desperate for it, and right now, I'm not that desperate.

I got myself one pair of shorts and a shift dress, and I got Cadence a romper for Christmas.
Yay!


I hope this week flies by for us all! I'm ready for Friday, aren't you?!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger