To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 24, 2015

Weekending

I cannot believe that the weekend flew by so quickly, but it just means we're one week closer to the gorgeous Fall season! I did break out the boots this weekend, only for a short time though because it got hot as balls. For real though!

I am wearing my boots again today, but that's only because my boss keeps the office as cold as an Alaskan Christmas, so I feel boots are appropriate for the temperature in here.

I wore all three pairs of my new Lilly shorts this weekend and I am smitten. They are soft, comfortable and most of all, colorful. I paired each pair of shorts with a neon tank top. Walmart had tank tops for like $3 and they go perfectly with Lilly shorts. 

On Friday night we headed out to our hometown football game. They ended up losing, but I mainly go for the chit-chat and snowcone stand. Cadence enjoyed playing with her school friends, so it's always a good time. Saturday we cleaned up the house and the yard and then went and ate dinner at Spanky's in Savannah. The food is great, but the entire reason we go is for our favorite appetizer, fried vegetables. They have an assortment of vegetables, seasoned, and then fried in a tempura batter. They are just incredibly delicious!

After dinner we went and picked up Cadence's pageant dress for her upcoming pageant this weekend. After we picked up the dress, she wanted to go and show it off to her Aunt Angela, so we headed over to my sisters and Angela drooled over the dress and how precious Cadence looked in it!


Cadence has been talking about Skech-Airs ever since she first saw the commercial on TV. When we bought her new school shoes, we bought her a cheap pair of slip ons (faux Tom's for like $8). A few months back I purchased her a pair of pink Converse off of a local resale page for super cheap, and she just now has grown into them, so we new we were set with shoes at least until cooler weather came. Well her daddy has her wrapped around his finger, so when we were strolling around the mall on Saturday, she just showed him a doe eyed look and she now has a new pair of black and hot pink Sketch-Airs. She swears they make her jump higher, run faster and it's like walking on a cloud. Seriously love that kid of mine!

Some stuff I've shared on FB lately...













Here's to hoping the week flies by...

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger