To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 4, 2015

Tuesday Rambles



I first want to thank everyone for all the sweet messages and emails that I got yesterday after posting about my remodeling/painting I did in our home on my blog and Instagram. Our home may be far from a mansion, but it's still our home and I want to bring out it's full potential.

I still am searching for the perfect gray for our living room and these colors by 
Benjamin Moore are fabulous!

 Gray Paint Colors from Benjamin Moore: horizon, paper white, revere pewter, stone harbor, stonington, thundercloud, wickham, wolf gray, booth bay. A Life Well Lived

Stonington and Thundercloud are calling my name. Wickham is lovely but I think it'll still be too light of a color. The search is on...

//

I have been wanting a crafting machine for a while now. If you know one thing about me, it's most likely that I love a monogram. Cadence is practically a walking monogram with all of her shirts and I'm always looking for new monogrammed goodies. A friend of mine owns a cricut and loves it. She uses it all the time and has even done several items for me in the past. I've also gotten other goodies from people who owned a cricut and made something pretty out of it.

With that being said, I honestly want to try one for myself. This way I don't have to wait for the goods to be monogrammed and I can quit dishing out money for something that I could learn to do at home. I've heard pros and cons of each, but do any of you own a Cricut or Silhouette? If so, which do you prefer and why. 

Thanks for any advice - all tips are welcome!

//

I just started watching Scandal and where the heck have I been?
What a great show! Olivia Pope is boss! 'nuff said!

//

Only two more days in this short work week - holla!

1 comment

  1. Okay I have to comment on all of that! :) I love the stonington color!! I also love my cricut. I've never tried the silhouette, but have always had great luck with my cricut. and YES for scandal and Olivia Pope. I joined the scandal watching game late too and loved binge watching all of the episodes online!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger