To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

August 10, 2015

Weekend


Friday, Tarl and I took off work and spent the day with Cadence. 
It was great!
We went to a local water park and swam and slid on water slides for most of the day. It was nice and so much fun! A great ending to a fun summer!

Later on that evening, we got Cadence packed up for a weekend with Tarls parents and he and I hit the road to Carowinds, which is a theme park on the border of SC and NC.

There actually is a spot in the park where you can stand on the state line and be in two places at once. (see a pic below)

We had a blast! We rode rides from sun up to sun down. It was a fun birthday celebration for him. 
I'm so blessed to have this wonderful man in my life! Love him always, and can't wait to spend every birthday with him!




I cannot believe that school starts this week and I officially have a first grader :)

#timeflies

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger