To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 15, 2016

Five on Friday | Lilly, My Office and More




So if you've been a reader of Life in the Lowcountry for a while, then you know how much I've been wanting my own little space in our home. A place to write in my planner, read my Bible, and eventually with time, invest in a good computer and eventually purchase a Cricut machine so I can monogram my own goodies with vinyl. Well folks, it has finally come to fruition. The only thing else I need to complete it is the actual Cricut, but I'm holding out hope that Tarl will splurge on his gal for Easter. *fingers crossed*

I've been eyeing this desk at Target for quite some time. When they first introduced the desk it was $159. After some time the price got reduced to $129. Then to $109, and as of last week it was on sale for $104 so I felt it was time to purchase and I'm glad I did. It's so chic and sleek and fits perfectly in the space that I had in mind.

The iMac was obviously not a splurge purchase. It was definitely an investment. I'll be the first one to tell you, Tarl and I do not have thousands and thousands of dollars lying around to just buy a computer on a whim. However, we knew we were in the market for a new computer. My laptop is over 6 years old and it takes about an hour to load 10 pictures, so it was definitely time to upgrade. My nephew has a Mac and loves it, so we took the plunge and I must say, so far, it's a gem!


Introducing my little office :)


We purchased this decorative chair during Christmas break, also from Target. I will tell you, we did not pay $160 for it. It was on display for $59! I told Tarl to run and get an associate while I stayed with the chair. When the associate came back she explained that someone had put the wrong chair on the display because this chair was actually $160, not $59. I guess she could see the disappointment on my face, because she smiled and said today's your lucky day, and she let us have the chair at the display price of $59. A whopping $101 off!

The black and white accent pillow was a gift to me from my mom and dad. It actually came with a comforter set they purchased for Tarl and I for Christmas, but it just looks so good on that chair, so that's it's new home.



I knew I wanted a lot of gold and pink accents, so a picture frame with my favorite family picture, and a little pink candle. Both the frame and candle were $1 from Dollar Tree...can't beat that price!


The hashtag and happy decorations were purchased from Target's dollar spot. 


And of course, my Lilly planner and the most important book in anyone's life, the book with all the answers, the Bible. Whether I read just a scripture, a paragraph or a chapter, I try to read it daily. Reading Gods word gives me so much joy and peace, it's amazing and I urge everyone to pick up the Good Book!





I thought having a newborn baby kept me busy, and then Cadence became a crawling toddler and that brought on a whole new meaning to the word busy. Not long after walking started and again a whole lot busier...but nothing prepares you for school! Y'all, it seems like every single night we're doing something for school. Every.single.night! I work during the day, get home, cook dinner and then our lives are consumed with something school related, but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

Seriously moms to babies and toddlers, cherish this time now, trust me!

Cadence was nominated to be her class' Valentine Queen, so after dinner, Tarl, Cadence and I were decorating mason jars so we could disperse them all throughout town to help raise money for her school and also get her votes to win. Like I said though, I wouldn't have it any other way...well maybe a couple extra hours in the day every now and then :)





Last night I added two more items to my Lilly Pulitzer collection. I purchased both of these items for a total of $30 off of a resale site...what a steal! I truly cannot wait for summertime to get here.I'm ready for shorts and rompers and jacks and flip flops!


I bought this Wiley Ruffle Tube Top in Lipstick Pink and this gorgeous Clam Jam Romper.





I used to coupon a couple years back. I would save $20 here and $10 there but that was pretty much my extent of couponing. Well the other day I took the time, researched a little bit of information, searched for coupons and when I went grocery shopping at Publix, I saved $92.38. Ya'll, that's almost $100! I couldn't believe it. I will never go back to not couponing again!

Gotta pay for that new computer somehow, hah!




It's Friday, the Lord has already blessed me tremendously by waking up my family and I this morning and although rainy, what a beautiful day to be alive!

Happy weekend!


4 comments

  1. oh my gosh im so happy i found your blog! that desk is perfection and ive been looking for one extremely similar! cant wait to keep reading and hope youll stop by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your new little space! I have the iMac too & love it!!! I also found my office chair at Target and couldn't believe how reasonably priced their options were! I would love to hear where you go for your grocery coupons. I've thought about making more of an effort to look for coupons but I'm not sure where to start. Happy Friday!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from the link-up! I love your new desk and accessories!

    And how sweet for your daughter to be nominated Valentine Queen! Way to go Cadence! Have a great weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You desk set up is so cute! You really got the desk and chair for a steal!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger