To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 29, 2016

Snow Day Memories

Can I get a woo-hoo that Friday has arrived? I know it seems that it's a repetitive thing to be excited about Friday, but let's be honest, Friday's a happy day. Am I right?!

                           





I look forward to facebook memories each day. This morning I couldn't believe my eyes. This photo was taken two years ago.


It rarely snows in the lowcountry, and this was Cadence's first snow (if you can call it that) where she actually got to go outside and play with it and understand what it was. Of course, what child doesn't want to make a snowman. I explained to her that it hadn't snowed enough to make a snowman, but sweet girl improvised and made a little hand held snowman. I love this picture. So hard to believe how much she has grown up in the past two years.

The days are long but the years are short.




I have watched this video three times and it amazes me every single time. This artist has so much talent. I couldn't imagine being able to draw that well! Definitely worth the watch!




Valentine's Day is fast approaching. We don't go all out on 2/14 but we do treat each other to a little something. I'm loving these:



Let's be honest, Cadence wants the smiling poo!



I love these personalized stickers to put on treat bags or on suckers (as pictured) for the students in  Cadence's class.




I am absolutely smitten with these personalized bar necklaces off Etsy. You can get your child's drawing or something they wrote. A significant saying, your name, a date, coordinates to a place that means something to you.  There are tons of options.





I purchased this top in lime green a year ago and it's on GroopDealz today on major sale at less than $10! They have colors perfect for spring, summer and even fall! My top three are Wine, Orchid and Taupe.








I'm off to watch this weeks episodes of Vanderpump Rules and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I do love Fridays! Have a blessed and happy weekend y'all!




No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger