To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 8, 2016

Friday




I have been eyeing this shirt ever since the day it came out. If you live in the South, particularly the lowcountry of South Carolina or the lower portion of Georgia then you live in these southern t-shirts throughout the year, whether they be long sleeve or short. I have loved every thing about this shirt when I first saw it. The neutral color, how well it would go with my boots, and of course, the dark haired girl with a messy bun and duck boots sporting her Starbucks. The only thing I didn't like about it was the price tag and the fact that every time I found it at a decent price, it was sold out in my size, but still, I scoured online shops daily and I finally found an in-stock, size small, and with a discount code, got it for $23 and free shipping! Can't beat that, and let's be honest, I'll totally have Tarl snap a picture of me this weekend, wearing this top, with my duck boots on, my hair up, and a Starbucks in my right hand.






As always, here are some of my favorites from the week.










I have made some changes this new year, one being taking my lunch to work rather than eating out every day. I was surprised how much money this has saved me. I am giving myself Friday's to eat, and Chick fil A is calling my name today. Chicken sandwich anyone? 

Seriously though, I heard once you make it to 40 days of bringing your lunch to work rather than eating out, it becomes just like 2nd nature. Well, five days down, 35 to go. I can do this! I average $7 a day on lunch, so by not eating out those 4 days this week, that's $28! Hello Disney money!




Speaking of Disney, we are in the 80s countdown portion of it. Y'all, we are so very ready. My spreadsheet (yes I make a spreadsheet) started so blank and bare. All I had filled out was our dates because at the time that's all I knew. Now it's filled with park times, dinner reservations, breakfast places, what outfits Cadence and I will wear each day (yes, I'm that mom that has those matching outfits - plus it's so much easier knowing what you're wearing each day rather than taking the time deciding each morning of your vacation.) A spreadsheet can sound ridiculous, trust me, I know, but it's so beneficial in the planning process, for me anyways. I know what we're doing each day, what time our Fastpasses are, what time our dinner reservations are and by the time the trip is here, we don't have to grab a park map and think, okay, well what are we doing, where are we going, what do you want to do, what ride do you want to go on, where do you want to eat, what time is the parade, well we need to be here at this time, but wait what if we miss the fireworks, so on and so forth. It eliminates all of that confusion. By no means do I take the spreadsheet with us. By no means do we have every single ride and time of day planned out. We just have the big stuff planned out, that way we don't miss any important event like the fireworks show or a dinner reservation or Mickey's Electrical Parade. This ensures the most of our time and that we can see the most of Disney. 

I'll be honest, when we went back in 2014 it was the first vacation that I had thoroughly planned out. I was worried. Tarl was worried. We didn't want to bicker about the plans I had made. I didn't want to miss anything on our agenda but I also wanted each of us to enjoy ourselves at the same time, so I went in each park every day knowing what we had planned, but if we missed a Fastpass I wouldn't freak out, and you know what, it was great. Throughout our time there two years ago, we only miss two Fastpasses and it didn't matter. We made the most of our time and it was most certainly a vacation to remember. We are so beyond ready to do it again.

Coming soon, I'll have a post on FastPasses and the ones we plan on doing. It saves you so much time waiting in line and I'm all for skipping long lines!




It's Friday praise the Lord. I'm so ready to enjoy the weekend and sleep in. Have a blessed weekend y'all!

                      


2 comments

  1. love that shirt girl- my life story seriously ha! Glad I found your blog through the link up! I can't wait to keep reading your blogging journey this year and hope you stop by mine too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger