To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday | First One of 2016




What we're eating this week.

When I grocery shop, I grocery shop for two weeks. If you don't know, grocery shopping is the one chore I hate doing. I'd rather sweep, dust, do dishes, fold laundry, and even clean toilets than grocery shop. With that being said, I try to limit grocery shopping and only doing it twice per month makes it that much easier, so here is our meal plan for the next two weeks!

Tonight - Baked Ziti with Garlic Bread
Thursday - BLTs
Friday - Fried Porkchops, Macaroni and Cheese with Crescent Rolls
Saturday - Salisbury Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Fresh Green Breans
Sunday - Grilled Chicken with Rice Pilaf and Broccoli au Gratin
Monday - Sloppy Joe Cups with Salad
Tuesday - Grilled Chicken Salad
Wednesday - Cubed Steak with Scalloped Potatoes
Thursday - Pizza Night


What I'm reminiscing about.


Warm, sunny days with these two.


What I'm loving.

All of my recent Lilly purchases. Lilly has two huge sales per year. One in January and the other in August. So a lot of people will buy products on sale, realize it doesn't work for them and then re-sale them for less than what they paid just to try and get some return on them, that's when I buy. Here are some of the items I recently added to my collection and I'm loving it! Seriously, spring can get here anytime now! A lot of these are no longer for sale on the Lilly site, however if I found any for sale on another site, I linked the site to buy below.


I also got the Palm Reader Callahan's for Cadence too #twinsies







Wiley Ruffle Tube Top in Lipstick Pink
(I couldn't find this color for sale- but Poshmark is a great place to look!)



I am loving all of my recent purchases and I got all of these at a steal! Honestly, I've only paid full price for Lilly Pulitzer items, twice! That's it! If you're interested there are tons of Lilly resale pages on FaceBook, and I always check 6pm and Poshmark.


What we've been up to.

Trying to rid ourselves of this cold we've been fighting. Lots of disinfecting the house and lots of getting ready for Valentine's Day. I don't go all out with the decorations for Valentine's, but I do make sure I put out a little pink and red :)







What I'm dreading.

Cold weather - I'm seriously done with winter.


What I'm working on.

Reading my Bible. I have vowed to myself  and more importantly, the Lord, that I would read my Bible from cover to cover, not skipping chapters or pages. I'm proud to say I am now on Exodus. I realize it's only the 2nd chapter, but it's far more than I've ever gotten before. I will say, if you're anything like me, the Bible can be hard to understand so I went to my local Bible store and purchased an NLT (New Living Translation) Bible. Basically, it translates the Bible into modern English to be better understood. It by no means changes the Good Lords words, just makes it easier to comprehend.


What I'm excited about.

Disney! So we can make memories like the one below. The ones that touch your heart forever!



What I'm watching/reading.

Reading the Bible (as stated above). Watching: Criminal Minds. While I was sick, Criminal Minds was on repeat so I watched a ton of it and got hooked. Well there just so happens to be 10 seasons on Netflix, so guess what Tarl and I have been watching for the past 3 nights?!


What I'm listening to.

Each morning on the way to work I listen to Christian radio. If you've never heard of Focus on the Family I highly suggest it! Each morning they interview someone and they discuss their experiences which lead them to Christ. Some are in regards to parenting, being a husband, being a wife, drug addiction, prostitution, you name it, someone out there has been through it, the highs, the lows, and through it all they found Christ. Their stories are amazing and I look forward to listening to it each morning. Tarl does too. In the evenings we'll talk about who was on in the morning. Two weeks ago Al Robertson (Duck Dynasty) and his wife were on. 


What I'm wearing.

Nothing fun at the moment. Boots and scarves were fun in the beginning, but now I'm over it!


What I'm doing this weekend.

I've been dreaming of a farm house table for quite some time, but all of the ones I've been wanting are incredibly expensive. Well wouldn't you know Tarl has found Pinterest and out of the blue one day says, "I can build you those tables you've been looking at on Pinterest." My ears shot up like a Chihuahua with a treat and wouldn't you know, he started building it. #luckywoman

He hopes to have it finished this weekend and then I'll start painting and staining it to my liking. I love a good DIY project.


What I'm looking forward to next month.

Valentine's and then Easter decorations. I love adorning our home with pastels and all things related to chicks, bunnies and of course, crosses to represent our Lord and Saviors resurrection.


Happy Wednesday!

6 comments

  1. I've been loving some new Lilly lately too! :) I scored pretty big during the sale, and have now bookmarked 6pm haha! I really wanted to read the whole bible through before we became parents but then it kinda snuck up on me that reading the whole bible in a year is REALLY hard! So now I'm back to slow and steady wins the race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need every single one of those shorts and romper a! Your post made me ready for spring! :)

    -Kendra @ A little of this and a little of that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl Spring cannot get here soon enough!

      Delete
  3. As someone who used to work for Focus, it blesses my heart to hear you look forward to listening to the broadcast each morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to it each morning :)

      Delete
  4. Your menu for this week sounds delicious! Love your Valentine's Day decorations! I'm doing a read the bible in a year challenge and it's hard to keep up but I'd really like to read it from cover to cover!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger