To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 22, 2016

Rompers in the City, yes please!




To say that I am glad it's Friday would be an understatement. Remember when I told y'all about Cadence not feeling well on Monday? Well, like any typical mom, we shower our sweet babies with lots of love and hugs, especially when they aren't feeling well. I guess it caught up with me because as of Wednesday I've been fighting off a nasty head cold.

That's the thing about head colds...you feel miserable, but you're not sick enough to skip out on anything so to work you go and fight through it.




We have a busy weekend ahead of us. Cadence is in her school's pageant. We went and picked up her pageant dress yesterday and it's stunning. Lots of pink and green. When I think pink I most certainly don't think green, but somehow, they go great together! I can't wait to see her on stage. This is something she enjoys doing, but then again, what girl doesn't love wearing a gorgeous dress and having her hair done?




Tarl and I have started something at the beginning of the year. We call it quiet time. It lasts about 30 minutes and each person in the family does something they want that is quiet. It sounds silly but this is something that I have looked forward to every afternoon. You can choose to read, go outside, rest, or just simply relax. Most of the time I spend it reading my Bible and Cadence and Tarl usually read a book of theirs too. Well her teacher recently recommended a website with a lot of online books for children of all ages and last night this child of mine read 4 books. Tarl and I are so blessed that she loves to read and I hope that never changes! I had to pause for a minute while laying in bed reading the Good Book, to snap a pic. I am so very proud of the little lady she is becoming!






I have thoughts of summer on my mind as of recent. Bright colored clothes, rompers, shorts, sandals and sunkissed skin. Seriously, spring can make her appearance anytime now and I will welcome her with open arms. With that being said I'd love to be able to take a quick summer getaway to NYC. All my talks of New York has had Cadence buzzing about it and Tarl and I promised her that the next time we went she would come too. She has it all planned out. Milkshakes at Serendipity, lunch at the American Girl doll store, lots of pasta at an Italian restaurant, and of course, she wants to go to the very top of the Empire State Building. I doubt we will be able to swing it, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming!





Yesterday my Lilly romper arrived and it is even more beautiful in person and it fits like a dream. I'll be honest, I never thought I could pull off a romper, but they are so comfortable and fit so well. I missed purchasing it when Lilly Pulitzer had their huge sale at the beginning of the month, but 6pm still has a lot of Lilly items at way less then their full retail price, which is where I purchased mine from and the good news is...they still have a few of these rompers left!




Isn't it a beautiful piece for the spring and summer. Particularly for walking the city sidewalks of Manhattan? Tarl - if you're reading this hint hint! ;)

Happy Friday folks!


1 comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger