To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

January 4, 2016

Christmas Recap

Well hey there!
Happy 2016!

I hope that each of you reading this had a blessed Christmas and New Year. I know we sure did. It was so wonderful having so much time off and getting to spend it with family.

I had an entire 11 1/2 days off in a row so to come back to work today was definitely painful. Hah!
Tarl had to go back to work last Monday, so Cadence and I had the entire week to ourselves. Tarl would come home for lunch each day, it was great. I cannot wait to be a stay at home mom and have that experience on a daily basis. Tarl and I have spoke of this day for a long time and to finally only be just mere months away, well to say I'm excited is an understatement!

To be able to drop Cadence off at school, pick her up, go on every field trip, attend every school function and assist will be just wonderful!

Christmas was amazing. We woke up bright and early around 7am (our internal alarm clocks have the best of us, even on non-working days!) to see that Santa had arrived!




Sweet girl got a lot of goodies, including lego's, pie face, nerf bow and arrow, orbeez spa, beados gems, perler beads (which we've had a whole lotta fun with while on Christmas break!), and her most wanted gift, a nintendo 3ds with some games!

Tarl Santa did really good for me this year too!



I got the Kate Spade earrings I had been wanting, along with the Kate Spade tumbler and coffee mug. I got my pink converse and a lot of other goodies. Good gifts indeed, but none better than the ultimate Christmas gift, the birth of our Lord and Savior!

Christmas day selfie with my girl! It was a blissful 78 degrees. Short sleeve shirts and sunnies.

Tarl loved the gift from my parents, specifically my mom who worked all year making him this Gamecock afghan. She does amazing work!

Tarls mom also did well, she knows my love for Lilly and planning so she combined the two and got me the best Christmas gift, a Lilly Pulitzer planner. I cannot wait to fill this baby with notes and plans and dates!

After Christmas was over and the decorations were stored until next year, it was all about Disney in our house now that we are finally down into double digits!


Santa brought her this Cinderella dress. Each year she gets a new dress, and she always looks forward to seeing which princess dress she gets. This year it was none other than Cinderella's dress. This girl loves dress up!

I can't believe that we're in another year already. I'm ready to see what the Good Lord has in store for us in 2016, good or bad, I know He has a plan for everything, but I pray that it's our best year yet.

xo

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger