To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 7, 2013

CMA Recap



Last night I watched the CMA Awards along with the rest of you country music loving fans.
I've been a country music lover ever since birth as this was all we listened to growing up, and I can honestly say, this is the best genre of music out there in my personal opinion.
There were a lot of great moments from last night, but I just wanted to share with you a few of my personal favorites:

I loved that Florida Georgia line was one of the opening acts. I've been to one of their concerts and they truly know how to get a crowd up and moving. They have so much energy about them and put on one hell of a show!

We all know Luke Bryan, along with his infamous dancing moves and that gorgeous smile of his, however, I did not know that Luke lost his brother, Chris, to a car accident, and then his sister, Kelly,  a few years later, who died at home to which there are no answers found as to the result of her death.
The title of the song, Drink a Beer, doesn't really sound like a title in honor of someone, but it is a must listen! The lyrics are amazing and will bring tears to your eyes. For some of us country loving folk, sitting around and drinking a beer can bring some of the best talks between two people. 

 
If you are a true country music fan, then you know that George Jones was one of the greatest country music singers of all time. Last night Alan Jackson and George Straight sang in honor of
the Late George Jones. George Jones wife, Nancy, was in the audience with tears in her eyes. The final shot once the song was finished, was a picture of Nancy and George on the screen. I don't believe there was a dry eye in the house.
 
This was by far my most favorite performance of the entire night. I was laying in bed while watching the show, with tears streaming down my face. This is on my top 10 list of all time favorite songs!
 
 
It wouldn't be a CMA recap if I didn't post a picture of my fave, Jake Owen!
He was a presenter last night and was looking mighty fine while doing so.
 
country-music-awards-2013-018.JPG
via

Lastly, if you haven't heard by now, or didn't watch the show, George Straight took home the "big title" of Entertainer of the Year, and TBH I am so very glad that he did so. They couldn't have picked a better winner out of the list of nominees. He is a true, original, country artist.
xo

P.S. I have an unspoken prayer request at this time. The Good Lord knows my needs, so I'm giving it over to him, but prayers are always much welcome!




4 comments

  1. praying for your girl! for God's presence and guidance!

    i watched the CMAs too. i love me some brad and carrie. they are hilarious!!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the awards on my DVR but upon hearing that George Strait took home the "Entertainer of the Year" award, I got goosebumps. He is amazing. I flew to San Antonio in June just so I could witness a concert in his hometown. Such an amazing artist!
    ~Krista
    kristiesbluejeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely loved George Strait and Alan Jackson's tribute to George Jones. Definitely brought a tear to my eyes and I was so happy for him when George Strait won Entertainer of the Year. Keeping you in my thoughts!
    xo,
    Megan
    Bespeckled With Freckles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers going up!! Don't worry I cried too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger