To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 8, 2013

Friday Five

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
one.
I am absolutely obsessed with plaid scarfs this season! I'm no fashionista, by any means of the word, but a plaid scarf, in my opinion, is the perfect scarf to go with tall boots and jeans or leggings. It can simply make the outfit!
Tartan plaid scarf
via
plaid scarf
via

 Here are two of my favorites for sale...
Plaid Scarf...this is just a repin.  I would love something like this.
Sole Society - $34.95
Pretty Pink Plaid Scarf
Deloom - $12.00
two.
It seems that Holidays are the only time that our family gets together under one roof. As of recent some of us, myself included, have decided to make it a point to start spending some quality time together, as a whole, at my mom and dads home. This starts Sunday with a family dinner. I cannot wait to have all of us together. We only get one chance at this life, and I want to make sure that I spend as much time with my family as I possibly can. I think we take for granted daily all the blessings the Lord has provided us, time with family is definitely one of them. 
three.
I have had massive baby fever as of recent. Trust me when I tell you though, my husband nor I plan on putting this into fruition. We are very content with Cadence. The fever stems from a lot of my FB friends having two little girls. They are beyond precious and giggly, not to mention, I would love to see Cadence be a big sister...then I remember the sleepless nights, countless diapers, dropping $30+ every three days on formula. Children are the best blessings that can over come to a family, but my family of three, four if you include Hector the Cat, is complete. :)
four.
I am in love with these sayings, Selena's hair, that entire outfit, and the stunning black gown, perfect for all upcoming Holiday functions and casual enough to wear on a chilly date night.
<3 my sister.
Thick messy hair
Winter fashion wear for women: Perfect Fall Work Outfit. Layered button up with a gray V-neck sweater, jeans, and chunky jewelry
Classic, Column dress.

five.
I plan on putting up most, if not all, of my Christmas decorations up this weekend. 
Give Thanks and Deck the Halls Y'all!


1 comment

  1. I am obsessed with plaid scarves as well but can't seem to find one in store that I like! Ah!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger