To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 22, 2013

Friday Five



Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG


one...Today marks the 50th anniversary since President John F. Kennedy was shot. My mom was in love with that man and said that she cried and cried when she found out about it. One thing you may not know about me is I love conspiracy theories, urban legends, old wives tales, all that jazz...
There are so many conspiracy theories that not only surround JFKs murder, but JFK in general. Example: the tunnels built underneath the White House so he could sneak in Marilyn Monroe, is it true? Who really did kill Kennedy? I could go on and on all day about this stuff, I'm telling you I love this shit, alas, here are 5 FACTS that you might not know about President Kennedy's assassination.
1 - Lee Harvey Oswald was not arrested for killing JFK, he did not get arrested until 45 minutes later for killing a police officer. Obviously he denied both murders, and then got shot himself 2 days later.
2 - In 1963 killing the President was not a federal crime, it did not become a federal crime until 1965.
3 -  The JFK assassination was the longest uninterrupted news event on television until the coverage of the September 11 attacks in 2001. Basically this was the story, obviously, so every single radio and TV station did nothing but broadcast this, which means those Real Housewives would not have been airing, now that is scary!
4 - Federal Judge, Sara Hughes administered the oath to President Lyndon B. Johnson, swearing him in as President in Air Force One, the only woman to ever swear in a President, still to this day.
5 - Eight months prior to killing JFK, Lee Harvey Oswald tried to kill an outspoken, resigned, army general that was a huge JFK critic. Oswald did not succeed in killing him, but I find it suspicious that he was going to kill someone who was against JFK, just to kill JFK himself...weird!
information gathered here
two...Olly, our elf, arrives the Friday after Thanksgiving. This has become a huge thing for our family, because not only does Cadence enjoy it, but so do the husband and I. We will both take turns hiding him that way it's a surprise for us as well. This was an idea I came up with last year and by far my most favorite thus far.
three...I think these nails are just about as precious as they come for the Christmas holiday!
What an adorable winter/Christmas nail design!!
I have so many pictures pinned to my mani/pedi board, do you follow me, if not start, I love me some Pinterest - click!
four...I have a love/hate relationship with candy crush. I used to play it all the time, then got bored with it, now am back to playing it again and have been stuck on level 181 for days. Why do I torture myself with this crap?
five...I am so happy that today is Friday, but I cannot lie, I will be happy to see next week get here to start off the Thanksgiving festivities! My aunt is coming up from Florida along with her sons, my cousins who I haven't seen in years.
Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments

  1. I love your nails!!

    Come link up with me today!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish these were my nails, just a pin found on Pinterest :)

      Delete
  2. I am right there with you on the conspiracy theories! I love that stuff! I still have the "Killing Kennedy" recorded on my DVR that I can't wait to watch! Candy Crush is the devil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are obsessed with the JFK conspiracies. If you haven't watched America Declassified on the Travel Channel you should. They just did an episode on the JFK assassination and I found it fascinating. Love the nails, now following you on Pinterest!
    ~Krista
    kristiesbluejeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love conspiracy theories too! I could sit and watch documentaries about them for hours! And those nails are totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a good post! Your nails... seriously!! I got mine done today (bc I cant do them myself for crap) and I just got some boring generic sparkly maroon type color... blah. I pin and daydream of fabulous nails and when I get to the nail salon I blank. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not too familiar on the history (given I'm Canadian - just know basics) so it was neat to hear some facts!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger