To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 29, 2013

Christmas Every Day: Movie Edition

Hey everyone, I am currently out Black Friday shopping right now, that's the great thing about scheduling a post that you wrote a week prior to today. I know I said I was taking a blog break for the Thanksgiving Holiday, and I am, because I wrote this on 11/21 - booyah!

Now that Christmas time is truly here...here's a list for you to enjoy:

Christmas Movie Countdown 


Annually I make lists that revolve around Christmas, more specifically, things to do each night counting down the days until Christmas. I've always enjoyed ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas, however this year I have decided to make my own because there are so many great Christmas movies out there that ABC does not show.
Here is a countdown for me and my family broken down in different categories that I love:
Romantic Christmas Movies
1 - The Holiday

Theholidayposter.jpg
via
I was in love with this movie from the first time that I ever saw it. I'm not going to lie, after watching, I seriously did research on swapping homes overseas just like they did in the movie. Obviously that never happened, but I still think it would be an amazing experience!
2 - Three Days
via
Three Days is a made for TV movie that (in my personal opinion) could have been a movie in theaters. I look forward to watching this movie every Christmas season. Without giving out too many spoilers, it's about a couple who are on the verge of a divorce when fate intervenes during the Christmas Holiday. This usually comes on Hallmark - so keep a lookout for it and set your DVRs!
3 - The Family Stone
The Family Stone Poster.jpg
via
I will tell you, this movie is not for everyone. One of my sisters loved it, the other one hated it. The hubs cannot stand this movie. I on the other hand love it because it portrays a real life scenario, not everything in this movie is picture perfect, and Dermot Mulroney is easy on the eyes too!
Christmas in New York
If you've followed me for a while now, then you probably know my love for New York. Any film, whether Christmas or not, that is based out of New York I love, however Christmas in New York, those are some great movies!
4 - Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
Home Alone 2.jpg
via
5 - Serendipity

Serendipity poster.jpg
via


Granted this movie isn't really a Christmas movie, the timing they met and fell in love is Christmas, plus it's in New York. It's on my Christmas movie list!
Vince Vaughn Christmas Movies
Vince Vaughn is both mine and my husband's favorite actor. He is downright hilarious and all our favorite movies have him in it.
6 - Four Christmases
Four Christmases-Movie Poster.PNG
via

I will say that I anticipated this movie so much that when I first saw it, it was a bit of a let down. I think that Reese Witherspoon is a great actress, and as stated above I love VV movies. The more that I watch this though, the more I do enjoy this movie and it's definitely got some funny parts worth watching for. If you're a country fan, it has Tim McGraw in it as well - holla!
7 - Fred Clause
Fred clausposter.jpg
via

Cadence's Christmas Choice

Beauty and the Beast - The Enchanted Christmas Special Edition DVD cover.jpg
via
8 - Beauty & the Beast: An Enchanted Christmas
It's no secret that Cadence's favorite princess is Belle from Beauty and the Beast. She's liked her ever since she was aware of what a princess was and couldn't wait to meet her on our trip to Disney World. I personally thought she'd love Sleeping Beauty due to her long pink ball gown, but nope, Belle it was! She must get it naturally though because I remember Belle being my personal favorite when I was growing up.
This usually airs on the Disney channel closer to Christmas - check your local listings, especially if you have a little Princess of your own. She'll love it!
Family Movies
Family movies are the best because it doesn't matter the age, each member of the family will enjoy watching it!
9 - The Polar Express

Polar express.jpg
via
I just watched this movie for the first time last year and oh my tears. So emotional, in a good way. It lifts your spirits and truly shows you the real meaning behind Christmas.
10 / 11 / 12 - Santa Clause 1 / 2 / 3
The Santa Clause.jpg
via
I enjoy each and every one of these movies. Obviously the original is the best, but the sequels are just as enjoyable to watch.
13 - A Muppets Christmas Carol
Muppet christmas carol.jpg
via
I have never seen this movie until I started dating the hubs. It's been an annual tradition ever since. This year it's actually going to be played at the famous Lucas Theater in downtown Savannah, so we're definitely going to schedule that into our Christmas calendar!
14 - The Family Man


Family man movie.jpg
via
Rarely do the hubs and I like similar movies. We can watch and enjoy the same TV shows all day long, but movies are a completely different story, however we both enjoy this movie. It's got such a great message in it. Family is Everything!
15 - Jingle All the Way
Jingle All the Way poster.JPG
via
I love this Christmas movie because it's unlike any other out there. It's basically two men who have sons, and their sons want this toy that is sold out everywhere. This pretty much pays tribute to Black Friday lovers everywhere!

Christmas Comedies

16 - National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

NationalLampoonsChristmasVacationPoster.JPG
via

 One of my personal favorites...if you haven't seen this yet, what are you waiting for?!

17 - Deck the Halls

Movieposterdeckthehalls.jpg
via

18 - Christmas with the Kranks

Christmas With the Kranks poster.JPG
via

19 - Elf

Elf movie.jpg
via
 One of my all time favorites. There are so many parts in this movie that I could focus on and make myself laugh out loud, but I'll let you watch it for yourself. Again, if you haven't seen this...get to a TV now!


Christmas Classics

These are the original movies that started out when our parents were growing up. The ones that if you don't watch, then you don't really feel like it's Christmas!

20 - How the Grinch Stole Christmas

How the grinch stole christmas 1966 print ad premiere.jpg
via
 First airing in 1966, watching this has become an annual tradition in our household
21 - Frosty the Snowman

FTSM cover.jpg
via
22 - Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Rudolph - 1964 ad.JPG
via
23 - Santa Clause is Coming to Town
SCICTT cover.jpg
via
24 - A Charlie Brown Christmas
Charlie Brown Christmas.jpg
via
My favorite classic. I will put this on my DVR and we will watch it at least 3x during December. By the end of the Christmas I can recite most of the lines...sad but true.
Adding to My List
Between Hallmark, ABC, CBS, and every other station, there are several new Christmas movies each year. Granted this movie isn't new, it's new to me because I have never seen it, but have heard from several people that it's great, plus it has Hugh Grant in it! This is on my list of movies to watch this season...have you seen it?
25 - Love Actually
Love Actually movie.jpg
via
There you have it...a list of 25 movies for the 25 days of Christmas.
Here are my top 10 personal favorites:



So what are yours?




No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger