To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

November 25, 2013

Olly's Back!


Friday night our local town celebrated it's 1st Annual Holiday Merchant open house, which is basically where all the little shops that normally close at 3 - 4 stayed open until 8, with smores, hot cocoa, decorations and Santa to promote shopping locally. Cadence had a blast and even got to meet the big man with the snow white beard!



The hubs has absolutely no clue what snapchat is and doesn't really understand it, so we played around with my snapchat this weekend and did some emoji fun (yeah, we're nerds!). It was hysterical and so many people screenshotted this image of us!


Olly, our elf, decided to come a little early this year and "zipped" right on in this morning on a candy cane! Cadence was surprised! He even left us a note!




I went shopping this weekend to prepare my Thanksgiving baking, and cleaned out my fridge in the process, there is nothing like a clean fridge!


Baked/Sea Salt Brussel Sprouts
Strawberry/Cream Trifle
Chocolate Cream Pie
Pumpkin Bread

Come on Thanksgiving...

Cadence and I also did a Christmas craft this weekend. Original inspiration derived from a FaceBook post by SantaClausWrites.com, and we actually did NAIL IT!






I'm so ready for the Holidays!










2 comments

  1. Ha ha, the Snapchat picture cracked me up!

    The first elf on the shelf appearance is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have brussel sprouts in your fridge. They are my favorite!
    ~Krista
    kristiesbluejeans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger