To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 18, 2014

Finish the Sentence: Summer Edition (and something sweet for the hubby!)

Since Cadence was sick on Father's Day, we really didn't do much and instead of surprising Tarl with dinner, we were stuck at home tending to our sick baby.

Praise the good Lord she is now on the mend, but I wanted to make up for his lack luster Father's Day.

Tarl loves fishing from his kayak. He enjoys the peace and relaxation he gets from it. He also takes the very best pictures when he is out on the river. Here are a few of his favorites and the only reason I know this is because he only posts his favorites to his Instagram page.




I love the contrast and colors in each of these photographs he took. Normally I'm a simple black and white kinda gal, but these are just beautiful pictures that a not so photographic genious took off an iPhone, but he knocked it out of the park with these!

I ordered these in a glossy print today and am going to frame them for him to do with what he wants. Whether he wants to add it in our Carolina room, or hang it in our master. 

There truly is truth to the saying, "it's the thought that counts", because I know he's going to love this more than his Bass Pro gift card...or at least it will be a good equal :)

_____

The Crazy Wise Woman has a fun link up today: Finish the Sentence: Summer Edition. It looks fun, so here goes...

The one thing I am looking most forward to this summer are the summer nights spent at the farm. My parents own a little farm next door to us and at least once a month we have a small family and friends gathering spent around a very small fire (b/c it's already too darn hot!) listening to some country music and making memories.

The most annoying person I know is...to be honest I don't really have one. If you know me personally, than you know I don't have a high tolerance for BS of any kind, especially annoyances. People who aggravate me aren't people I want to be around. There are definitely some friends of ours who may get aggravating when they drink one too many, but don't we all?

I would like to meet Brantley Gilbert. I am a fan of both his old and new music and love the fact that he writes his own lyrics, plus he's a good looking Georgia boy, so you can't top that, well unless he was from Carolina. He has his own YouTube channel, not just his Vevo channel where he posts personal videos. He just recently did the infamous "Polar Bear Challenge", I mean...the video clearly speaks for itself :)




After a long day there is nothing better than going home and relaxing with my family. When the sun starts to go down in the sky we take afternoon walks down our road and spend QT together. Love it!

The most embarrassing summer work uniform I ever had to wear - once again, not really one to choose from. I worked at a bakery where I got to wear what I wanted. My outfit usually consisted of a Salt Life T, shorts and sperry's. Can't beat that.

When I hear my alarm clock go off, I hit it at least five times until I get up.

My favorite summer exercise are the afternoon walks with Tarl and Cadence.

When the ice cream truck comes I...we don't have an ice cream truck where I live. #truestory

The oldest article of summer clothing I own is my cowboy cowgirl boots. I bought them for.ev.er ago and wear them all the time during the summer with a pair of shorts. Most girls wear wedges, I go for my boots. They have plenty of scuffs from days on the farm, and have been in the dirt at many a concert. They've been broken in good and is by far one of my closet staples.




My favorite outdoor activity is swimming with Cadence. She loves the water and it's always so refreshing on a hot day.


My favorite thing to grill is shrimp on a skewer!

The worst summer/date romance I had was...Tarl and I met when I was 15 and we've been together ever since, so I never really dated much up until that point #strictparents

However, I did go out with a guy on my 15th birthday (before Tarl and I met). We went as a group of friends to see a movie and he kissed me at the end. It was the worst kiss of my entire life! #dartytongue

My favorite summer drink is a mojito!

There are times when I wish summer would pass a lot quicker than it does. I live in the south people and it's hot from April - November. By the time September gets here I think most all us southerners are ready for some fall air.

The best song on the radio right now is...are you really going to ask this question? I'm sure most of my readers know, but if you are visiting from the link up, let me show you who my favorite country hottie is...




I've met him, twice - holla! But to answer the question, Beachin or Summer Jam!


Jimmy Buffet is someone I don't really care for either way. He has a few good songs, but just not my cup of tea.

4th of July is a good reason to party - Happy Birthday 'Merica!

After I'm done posting this I'm going to relax because it's been a long ass day!

It's not summer until we go to the beach for the first time, which was about a month ago now.

The Crazy Wise Woman

Join the fun y'all!









1 comment

  1. Thanks for linking up Miranda! I must say I totally agree on the song choice:) And thi=ose pics at the top of your post are gorgeous!!! I love that idea of framing them. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger