To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 9, 2014

weekend scenes & random


Happy Monday folks. Another week in the books. This week we headed down to Pensacola Beach and the water was amazing. Let's let the pics do the talking...













We got to eat some wonderful seafood, sea dolphins and swim in water that wasn't murky like Hilton Head. It truly was gorgeous!

We decided to beat the traffic on the interstate Sunday by heading home Saturday night. I was so ready to get home and see my sweet girl!



My sister-in-law and brother who have a lot of fur babies offered to watch Rosie for us. She loved that laundry basket :)


Vacations are always nice, but coming home is nicer. Tarl and I missed Cadence, our pets, and our bed.

//

Congratulations to Miss Nevada. She is now Miss USA 2014 and was flawless last night. She nailed her question and is such a gorgeous girl! Of course I was pulling for Miss SC. She made it in the top 10, but not the top 6, which is still a huge success in my opinion! Tarl said it sounded like I was watching a football game each time Miss SC got called. I mainly watch it for the evening gowns and Miss SC's was stunning!

//

Father's Day is this Sunday and I'm ready to celebrate the two most important men in my life. I have yet to get them a thing, but will be on the hunt this weekend. There's nothing like waiting until last minute. Ideas?

//

This Saturday we have decided to remodel the rest of our bedroom as well as Cadence's room. The final touches to our bedroom is paint and wall decor. Cadence is in desperate need of new flooring so we're going to tackle that this weekend as well. 

We have done our bedroom in blacks, grays and whites. It has turned out so well. Yesterday Tarl bought me gray sheets that I have been eyeing forever. Such a sweet hubby!

Here is what I plan on doing for some wall decor in our room. I love monograms and I think this is an inexpensive yet genius option for our walls.

Love this idea. Initials framed above the bed.
via
We're also planning on getting an oversized mirror to put in the corner of our room. I have been feening for one for years and I'm loving this one from Home Depot.

Here are some gray options I'm trying to decide on.

Gray, the only TRUE neutral is a color chameleon, showing all your decor at its best - First House Living via HGTV
via
I'm leaning towoards #40 (Dior Gray) or #18 (Coastal Pleasure). Hmm...

//

On a very exciting note Tarl made a deal with me this weekend. He said that if I bought the plane tickets, he would take me to New York! I could buy the plane tickets no problem, but with our September trip to Disney scheduled, the only other time this year would be in November or December and truth is, as badly as I want to see NY, I'm not sure I want to brave the super brisk weather they experience up there during those months. I plan on walking and seeing as much of the big city as I can, and I don't think I want to do it in 30 degree weather. I'm leaning towards next Spring. It's not too hot but yet warm enough to enjoy everything we want to experience! 

I am beyond excited and am so in love with my husband for offering to take me...finally :)

xo





2 comments

  1. After spending so much time in Pensacola, I have a love hate relationship with it; glad you had a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I'm totally jealous and totally ready to be on the beach!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger