To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 2, 2014

weekend in pictures

Dateless in Dallas
link here / here

I was born and have lived with a thin upper lip my entire life. No big deal, just me. I have always wanted my top lip just a little fuller without resorting to needles. After reading countless reviews regarding TooFaced Lip Injection gloss, I splurged and paid the $22 at Ulta. You can always find $3.50 coupons online, but I forgot to print one off before going - so ultimately you could get this for around $19.


I am beyond happy with the results that it gives. The picture to the left is me with nothing on my lips, the center is 10 minutes later, and the last picture on the right is me 20 minutes later with lipstick. It gave my lips just the "oomph" I was looking for and I'm so happy I purchased!

Saturday we woke up and headed out to a local pizza place where Cadence made her own pizza and played in the arcade.




It was such a beautiful day to the left of us, but on the right hand side of the bridge (not pictured) was stormy and very overcast. Crazy how that happens!


We met up with some friends of ours, saw their baby deer and the girls played dress up.





We went for some frozen yogurt too :) 




Our good friends rode over to our house on Saturday evening. They brought their 'Yeti'cooler and we drank a few cold ones!




I was drinking Mike Hard's Lemonade (lite) and it's my new fave!

Yesterday we went and saw Maleficient...I give it 10 out of 10 stars. It is one of my favorite movies I think I have ever seen in theaters. Loved it! We also ate at the new Chili's that just recently opened up. I'm not sure if all Chili's are remodeling and converting over to what they call their new table entertainment, but they should. It's basically these mini iPads installed with games. Cadence and Tarl were loving it while waiting on our meal. You can also order dessert off of it, or pay for your meal right at the table!


We skipped out on Chili's dessert and opted for ice cream!


Monday is here, but I'm actually not too bummed out. I am so ready to get these few days out the way because on Thursday me, Tarl and our good friends are headed to sunny Florida!

//

Plus Garth Brooks radio on Pandora had me jamming this morning to some old country music. I loved every song they were playing and thought I'd share.











There's just something about good country music that starts my week off right.

//

Today I am starting the 30 day plank challenge - holla!


It's supposed to give you a tighter, more sculpted core within 30 days so it's worth a shot, right?

//

I've also decided to start reading "Making Faces" by Amy Harmon. It doesn't have one negative review on GoodReads so it seems to be a good book to start off my summer reading list with.

//

Tarl and I ordered Endless Love last night off DirecTV pay-per-view and it was alright. Worth seeing? Yes. Something I'll watch again? No.

And of course, a snapchat to my friends this morning...


Have a blessed week friends.



1 comment

  1. Oooh I love all of those country songs! A girl can never have too much country music in her life! Looks like you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger