To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 30, 2014

Friday Five - lots of goodies!


Happy Friday pretties! Is it just me, or did this four day week feel like a five day? I'm so happy that Friday is here and am even happier that next week will also be a four day work week for me because I'm off next Friday as well. Holla!

Let's get started with the Friday Five, shall we?

one //

I shared with you a little yesterday about some of my current makeup faves. The reason I say current is because I'm always experimenting with some type of eye-shadow or mascara, however I have found some of my "holy grail" products that I use all the time!


one - Loreal Color Truth Eyeliner
two - Loreal True Match Lumi
three - Urban Decay Naked Pallette 2
four - Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Concealer
five - Loreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Amber Rush
six - Maybelline Expertwear Eye Shadow Quad in Chai Latte
seven - Revlon Colorstay Lipstick in Soft Nude
eight - Revlon Colorstay Lip Gloss in Peach Petal
nine - Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealer
ten - Loreal Voluminous Miss Managa Mascara
eleven - Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Medium 

I started wearing eyeliner when my mama first allowed me to wear makeup at 15 and I haven't skipped a day since. I've been through countless eyeliners from high end to low end, but have found one that glides on smooth, lasts all day, doesn't smudge and it doesn't break the bank! My go to eye-shadow colors are always neutrals (creams, nudes, whites, grays and browns) so #3, #5, and #6 are perfectly pigmented with a good variation of matte colors as well. Two items I will always have are #7 and #8. Together they make the most perfect nude lip with just a hint of pink. I have found Aveeno has the best moisturizer thus far and I always apply this prior to putting on my foundation. I'm currently loving #2 - it's a dupe for MACs foundation at less than half the cost! Four and #9 are perfect for under eye circles as well as highlighting and I have fallen in love with #10 - this mascara is on point and Loreal has done a great job *claps hands for Loreal*

You may have noticed two very important things off this last - blushes and bronzers. Truth is, I have yet to find one that I would call a fave. I'm still on the search so if you have any recommendations I'm all ears.

I've heard some great things about Nars Bronzing Powder in the shade, Laguna


I've also heard great things about their blush. Most prominently known around "blogland" is the color, Orgasm (lovely name, right?!), but out of all their blush colors, Super Orgasm looks like more my style plus let's face it, do we want to have an orgasm or a super orgasm? #nuffsaid

So thoughts on good bronzers and blushes...go!

two // 

Coinciding with the above, brushes are the true stars when applying makeup. A great makeup brush can make or break a flawless finish, literally. There are a lot of great drugstore products, because that's mainly what I use, but investing in a good makeup brush is truly worth the money spent. I have so far invested in a MAC brush that is good for applying pressed powder or liquid foundation. A Clinique eyeshadow brush, which perfectly blends different eyeshadow colors together, and my most recent brush purchase is the Sigma F80 Kabuki which is my go to face brush. Used for liquid foundation, powder and blending. 

Trust me when I say, you get what you pay for with brushes, invest! I have several drug store brushes made by different brands, and although they suffice, they're just not up to par with the higher end versions, not yet anyways. 

three //

God willing, a week from today I will wake up in this beautiful place!

Walk along the pristine shores of Navarre Beach, in Santa Rosa County, Florida.  Santa Rosa Island is a barrier island in the Gulf of Mexico.
Navarre Beach, Florida


Myself, my husband and our good friends Emily and Daniel are travelling down to the beautiful blue waters of Destin, Florida. We are going to enjoy time spent on the beaches of not only Destin, but Navarre Beach as well, with a fruity drink in our hands and many memories made #cantwait

four //

I just bought a new bathing suit a couple weeks ago from Victoria's Secret and it arrived yesterday (just in time for Florida!)

I am obsessed with the shape, fit and the color! I normally go with a simple bikini, but am loving the halter style top. It's their new Very Sexy Getaway Halter in the color Berry Gelato Lace and I am smitten!

via

It's also on sale right now, so hurry!

five //

It's Friday, that's the best way to end this post! :)

You can keep up with my lowcountry life on instagram here!
See what I pin over the weekend here!




1 comment

  1. Found your blog through the linkup! Love Charleston, and all things Southern! That swimsuit is so cute and that beach looks beautiful! Sounds like you have an amazing vacation lined up! Have a great weekend girlie! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger