To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 28, 2014

travel & beauty

Truth is, Tarl and I are very fortunate in the fact that we get to travel often. I'm not saying that the places we go are elaborate like London, Paris or New York (wish list!) but we do have the pleasure of travelling whenever we feel like getting out of town.


As most of you know we have our Disney vacation planned for the fall months later on in the year as well as the weekend trips we have done with Cadence in the past six months, like St. Augustine, Florida, the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, SC, and of course the wonderful city of Charleston.


I'm not going to say we don't get time alone, because that would be a lie. Tarl and I are both blessed with wonderful parents who love our little rugrat just as much as we do and they don't mind
kid-sitting (Cadence hates the term baby-sitting-she's a "big girl" now, remember) while we enjoy ourselves.


However, we rarely travel with friends. The last time we travelled with our friends Emily and Daniel was before either one of us were married and the thought of children was the last thing on our minds. I'm happy to say we have a trip planned to visit sunny Florida, Destin to be more specific, in the next few weeks.


Destin, Florida is a place that Tarl has been but I have not. He's raved about the beaches ever since his trip back three years ago to visit friends. He says the water is pristine and clear and the beaches are white and sandy. Emily and I are beyond excited. I'd tell you to go visit her blog to learn more about her, but she hasn't posted since March, and her post before that was the beginning of February #lame


Destin, Florida- 2002,2009, 2012, and upcoming 2013 vacation. Just can't get enough of this place!

Visit Harborwalk Village in Destin, Florida via Mark Walter | Resorts of Pelican Beach in Destin FL




Destin, Florida   Crab Island :) a great place to hang out on the Gulf
Destin, Florida







So now the list(s) begin...




Packing for me
Packing for Cadence
manicure
pedicure
spray tan




//


Over the weekend I found my most favorite beauty guru while searching through random tutorial videos on youtube. I'm sure a lot of you have heard of her since I've been completely out of the loop - but Jaclyn Hill is amazing. Her makeup techniques are so easy to follow, and not only does she do product spotlights on expensive products, but she does drugstore purchases as well. I have been obsessing over her videos. Not only is she gorgeous, but her personality is hilarious and I truly enjoy watching her share tips and makeup tricks.


She constantly raves about Sigma's F80 Kabuki brush to apply foundations. It makes her foundation look flawless so I knew I had to add it to my brush collection. I purchased off amazon using ebates and got 3% cash back - holla!


You can find Jaclyn Hill's Youtube channel here.


And here is the video where she uses drug store makeup to achieve a flawless finish - this is the video where I swooned over her knowing that I don't have to pay for expensive beauty products and yet can still achieve an expensive makeup look.





After work I'm headed to my local drug store to purchase that eye-shadow. It's so pigmented and colorful, and the perfect work face!





No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger