To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 14, 2014

Let's Chat

There is a lot going on in my life right now and it's pretty much all over the place, so keep up as this post is going to be very random.

*I want to first start off by saying that this is my blog. I use this as an outlet to post the million thoughts that are going on inside of my head and turning them into one simple post. I use my blog as a great way to connect with others who have similar interests as I do. I use my blog to document special times in my life through pictures and writing about a certain memory, but most of all I use my blog as an online journal for me. I will never name names if I am having an issue with someone and am venting my frustrations out through my blog by posting about my feelings. There have been times when I have posted here without going to the source because at that particular time I was emotionally hurt and wasn't ready to talk. I was ready for that person to make the first move, if you will.

I won't divulge all the catty immature details. I won't name names. The issues that I have with one significant person are personal and shall remain between the two of us, however I may post my feelings (like I am now) to vent and journal it, but I would never disrespect anyone by shouting out their name or personal issues of their life.

I blog for me. Period. If you don't like it, quit reading Life in the Lowcountry! Thank you.


*On a lighter note our household has been filled with sleepy pets. Hector the cat loves sleeping on someone, particularly me. He has a perfectly cushy couch, but no, apparently I am his pillow. Rosie, our chihuahua, has come to love sleeping on her back with her hands in the air, I have never seen a dog sleep like this in my life, but it's so cute!



*As usual my sweet girl and I have been silly. She simply makes all the issues in my life, melt away. #duckface


*I read a blog the other day (sorry but I can't even remember who it was!) that said when they went to Disney, Minnie left new PJs for their daughter every night. 

Basically mom was the last one to walk out of the resort room and had the new PJs laid out on the bed that way when the family returned, voila, there they were. 

Cadence loves Disney. She loves Princesses. She loves PJs, so I knew this was something we had to do. Kohls not only has a great Disney selection in general, but a lot of their Disney items are on sale right now so make sure you go and check out all of their goodies!

*I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was the sweetest little thing. I've had freckles since the day I was born. I have my very first dermatologist appointment coming up and am so nervous as to what to expect for someone who has freckles - any advice is welcomed!

I'm like the LA sky... You can only see one or two stars, but there is a whole lot of interesting stuff going on underneath that sky.
*I swore I wouldn't purchase Essie again because in my opinion the price doesn't match the product. For $8.50 I expect the polish to stay on for a while and not chip within an hour, which is all I ever get from Essie, however this color is so beautiful and I'm thinking a good top coat might fix the chipping.

Essie Van D'Go
via


xo



2 comments

  1. I never named names in my blog posts either in the past but a family member found my blog and assumed i was talking about her (if the shoe fits) anyway I never apologized I told her Im sorry she thought it was about her and that her feelings were hurt but thats the reason I blog to write out my emotions. Im not sorry for my feelings.

    That nail polish is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! My blog is for me, plain and simple :)​

      Delete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger