To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 15, 2014

Spotlight

I've been in a nail rut for the past few months. I feel like I've been on repeat with my manicure color sticking to neutral and pink hues. This morning while rushing to Walgreens to buy stock in Midol (yes, the cramps are horrible right now! #tmi) I saw Essie's "turquoise & caicos" and immediately grabbed the bottle.

I am smitten with the seafoam green and mint blue color it provides. My hands feel refreshed to me again. Although I have broken three of my nails down to their poor little nubs this week, I still wanted to take a picture to show you how pretty the color truly is.


I had a few minutes to spare before work, so I bought a red bull, the polish and some midol so I could quickly chug those pills down, then I went to the makeup aisle.

I'm always on the lookout for the newest makeup product. I'm set on foundation right now, along with blush and eyeshadows, so the perfect lip color was just what I was looking for and I found it in Maybelline's Color Whisper by Color Sensational. I purchased "One Size Fits Pearl" because I wanted something that would brighten my lips true color and provide a subtle gloss, all the while staying set for at least an hour or two. This did the trick. I'm loving the color, the sleek container, also the fact that it's not sticky like a lot of lipsticks that have gloss in them are.

This is definitely a must have purchase for me in the future and I'm excited to try other colors like "Coral Ambition" and "Pin Up Peach".




If you're looking to snag this lipstick now is your chance because Walgreen's is currently having a BOGO 50% off sale on their Maybelline products. 

I ordered the sweetest little outfit for Cadence. The colors and the fact that it's a capri set instead of a pants set is perfect for the Lowcountry's hot summer months.

Ricrac and Ruffles Childrens Boutique

On a completely different subject, I heard the sweetest thing on the radio this morning. When your children are scared of the lightning outside, tell them that it's just God taking a picture. I'm sure most of you have heard that before but that is the first time I ever have and Cadence (and me) being scared of lightning, it's a little way to ease your mind. 

I also thought of a clever idea yesterday (which I'm sure has been done several times before) to take all of your children's little projects, whether it be a special picture they drew or colored or a craft that they did in school that day and take a picture of it. Store the picture in a photo album. This way, when the time comes for you to de-clutter and throw away, you can always look back on the projects they did for you. I know this sounds harsh, but trust me, over the past five years we have accumulated so many special little art projects that my entire five drawer hutch is dedicated to them and Cadence isn't even in school yet, so I know a time will come when I'll have to make more room and I think this is a perfect idea.


2 comments

  1. Oooh! I love that seaform green nail polish color! That is really a great idea about the kids projects! I will have to keep that in mind for some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good pale mint polish! It looks so flattering on everyone - great choice! Happy weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger