To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 19, 2014

weekend

Have you ever thought about or considered moving somewhere far away, where you knew no one and it was completely out of your comfort zone? Well let's just say that Tarl and I have danced around this subject for years, and although we would miss our family and friends dearly, it excites us in the fact that we wouldn't know anyone and could start a new life in a completely different state.

Fortunately for us Tarl's job is one that is always needed, even in a not so thriving economy. Another perk is the fact that he has been well trained and has excellent credentials so finding another job in a new area would certainly be a possibility.

I'm not saying this is happening in the next month or not even in the next year, but definitely something we are finding ourselves talking more and more about.

//

What do you do when  you miss a friend so much that it hurts, yet they owe you a tremendous apology and you know they are too stubborn to admit their wrong doings? That's where I am now and it's made for a crappy few weeks. The most unfortunate circumstance of the whole ordeal is the fact that our children are very good friends and they haven't seen each other as much as they used to with us not hanging out. It's a sad situation all the way around.

Exactly, humble yourself and just apologize
Take personal responsibility for your wrong doings. If you know, for instance, that your actions or words have hurt someone, you must immediately admit your faults and face the reality of your actions. An apology is the super glue of lasting relationships. It can repair just about anything. Never ruin a relationship or your reputation with an excuse, instead of simply apologizing.
//

Here are some scenes from our weekend which include some arcade fun and just general cuteness from Cadence :)







//

Meal Planning Monday, as usual is for the next two weeks excluding weekend days :)


Tonight - Crockpot Chicken w/Rice & Crescent Rolls
Taco Tuesday
Wednesday - Baked Ziti w/Garlic Bread
Thursday - Beef Stew Served Over White Rice


Monday - BBQ Ribs w/Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Tuesday - Classic Club Sandwiches w/Chips
Wednesday - Parmesan Pan Seared Chicken w/Green Beans & Crescent Rolls
Thursday - Grilled Cheese & Soup (classic go-to meal)

//

I am speaking for my entire family when I say we are all ready for our Disney vacation. Tarl and I are ready for a week off work and time spent together with Cadence and Cadence is ready to meet the princesses. We still have a few months to go and I'm thinking of planning a weekend trip.

The beach sure sounds nice right now!

xo



1 comment

  1. I hate that you are in that situation w/ a friend. I've been there and it sucks! I will say one of my very close friends and I had a falling out and didn't talk for about a yr and a half. I missed her terribly. We were able to make amends, and she was even one of my bridesmaids. I really thought it was beyond repair, and was happy that it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger