To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 6, 2014

You get what you pay for!

It's funny what a little vibrant color can do to change an entire room. Ever since Cadence was born her bathroom was a monkey theme. Complete with a rug, shower curtain, shower rods, towels and toothbrush holder. I even remember splurging and paying $50 for a wooden monkey to hang over her bathroom mirror.
Throughout the years the wear and tear of the towels, the rug, and the uncleanliness of the toothbrush holder, her bathroom went right back to the "bleh" of what it first was when we purchased our home, essentially a bland nude bathroom.

Well with a little color and five minutes Cadence is on her way to a "big-girl" bathroom. I still have to purchase a zebra and hot pink rug, and I want to get some hot pink and zebra prints for the walls, but
all-in-all, not a bad start.



I also used one of my Lush products last night, the Sex Bomb, which is a bath bomb and it smells amazing. I can still smell the deliciousness on my skin today, not to mention I didn't have to put any lotion on this morning because it's a great moisturizer.



The old saying is true, "you get what you pay for". I splurged this weekend on my first ever Mac purchase and wow, what a difference! For once in my entire makeup life, my foundation stays on all day long. I also purchased an outrageously priced brush, but that also was worth the money because once I'm finished it gives my face an airbrushed look.

I purchased the 187 Duo Fibre Face Brush

MAC Cosmetics: 187 Duo Fibre Face Brush
via

and the Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 Foundation

MAC Cosmetics: Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 in NW35
via
It may have taken me 20+ years but I have come to realize that all of the money I spend on new drug store products that rarely work the way they are supposed to compared to spending a few extra bucks on something that will last. 

On another note - have you ever seen the show Nashville? I'm three episodes in and hooked. I fell in love with Connie Britton as the Coach's wife in Friday Night Lights, and now her spunky little character is on Nashville - obsessed!

That's all I got for today folks...




4 comments

  1. The bathroom looks great!
    Ive never spent a whole lot of $ on makeup but I really dont wear enough to go all out lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bathroom has the same theme! Haha. I've actually been wanting to replace it though- I don't have the same tastes I did in college anymore :) I have a Lush bath bomb that I have been waiting to use- I just need to find the time for a bath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to try one of those bath bombs! And yes, Nashville is my favorite show! You need to go ahead and youtube Lennon & Maisy Stella. They play CB's daughters on the show, they don't get much show time but their singing is perfection and they have a bunch of videos on youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, sex bomb! very cool! where can you find this other than the web? and do you just use it in the tub once?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger