To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 5, 2014

weekend

Good morning! I know it's a Monday, but the sun is shining and I'm happy to be home. A weekend away is always nice, but whenever I go without my husband and child, getting home is just as nice as the get-a-way itself. Now if Tarl and Cadence had been with me, I probably wouldn't have wanted to come home, alas here we are on a bright Monday.

Per usual, not many pictures were taken this weekend, but mom, Aunt Nancy and I did venture off to The Melting Pot in Jacksonville - delicious as usual!


I took this picture right before I FaceTime'd Tarl - nerd glasses & all! #selfie #dontcare


We went through old pictures - this is my mom, dad and sister Angela.



Cadence had a great time at the fair with her cousin, Olivia.


We were all tired yesterday from our trips, even Rosie passed out on the bed.


I started some major cleaning this morning while getting ready for work. I'm OCD in the fact that if I see something, it has to be done then and cannot wait until later thus scrambling at 7:30 to clean my bathroom/makeup area while applying said makeup. I can at least relish in the fact that my makeup area is clean. Holla!

While in Jacksonville I went to Lush again and grabbed the best smelling massage bar called Tender is the Night, which has hints of vanilla and jasmine. It's great used as a lotion and leaves your skin feeling silky smooth!

Not much excitement, I know, but it's enough for a Monday!

xo



1 comment

  1. mmm i love the melting pot and i havent been in years! stop by! im hosting a great giveaway. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger