To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 7, 2014

Summer Reading List

There is nothing better on a hot day then to sit by the pool with the ones that you love. I love when Tarl, Cadence and I head off to the beach or pool. Cadence enjoys the sand or swimming as well as Tarl. As much as I love building Sand Castles and taking quick dips, I love being lounged up with a good book.


My first love affair with books were Emily Giffin's. I first ready Something Borrowed, then immediately read Something Blue, after that I read Heart of the Matter, Where We Belong, and Love the One You're With. All of them were great. I've yet to read Baby Proof by her but it's on my summer reading list, along with her new book coming out May 20th, The One and Only.


My favorite books are auto-biographies, specifically written by celebrities. I read all of Tori Spellings books cover to cover, except Spelling it Like It Is - which is also on my list.


Others I plan to read this summer, are:


Kailyn Lowry - Pride Over ity
Jennie Garth - Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde
Danielle Staub - The Naked Truth


Have you read any of these? Thoughts.


What's on your list this summer?



No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger