To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 12, 2014

weekend (Mother's Day 2014)

My weekend was great, and as usual went by in a flash. Friday night we had Cadence's T-ball awards, had a lazy day on Saturday and celebrated Mother's Day on Sunday.

When I got home from work on Friday I had potted roses waiting for me. Tarl and Cadence said that I deserved to look at roses daily, so instead of roses that would have died within a week, they bought me my first potted roses which Tarl planted for me on Friday evening. Cadence also picked out a card, as well as Tarl. They were both thoughtful and sweet.

On Saturday we went to our local feed store where I bought my mom the most beautiful hydrangea plant I had ever seen. They were so pretty I ended up buying one for myself.

accepting her trophy

making silly faces

my beautiful hydrangea

family selfie

Mother's Day 2014 - the whole reason I get to celebrate this special day
I am so thankful that God blessed me to be a mother to the sweetest girl there is. She truly brightens up my mornings. It's so hard to believe that 6 years ago I was scared out of my mind at the thought of being pregnant and having a child, but now I truly couldn't imagine my life without her.

xo


No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger