To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

May 8, 2014

The days are long, but the years are short!

The hurt of losing someone you love is absolutely indescribable, however life goes on and we somehow manage to deal with the pain. My mother has been on her death bed, twice, and with prayers, love, support, amazing doctors but most of all the Good Lord's healing hand, she has come out of it and is still with us today. The first time mom got bad we were told to stay our goodbyes. It's crazy because I still remember that night like it was yesterday, however it is still so fuzzy, all at the same time.


I've lost grandparents, cousins who were like siblings, and some beloved pets whom we have had for years. As heartbreaking as all of this pain was and still is at times, I don't believe that any of this would be as heart wrenching as losing a child.


Cadence is my world. I live and breathe for her. I would do absolutely anything in the world for her, as I'm sure most parents would for their children. I pray daily for the health, happiness and long life of my child. I pray daily that I never have to endure the loss of a child, like a fellow blogger is doing now. Jacqui at Baby Boy Bakery, as I'm sure most of you have heard, lost her sweet boy Ryan a few days ago.


Let us uplift her family in prayers and let this set in as a reminder that we never get this day with our children again. Let this set as a reminder that they are only little once. Let her put on your makeup, even if she puts blush on her eyelids and lipstick on her cheeks. Let him stay up 15 minutes later and snack on popcorn.


I pray they find solace and peace in their hour of need and I pray that my family and I never have to endure such heartache.



#redballoonsforryan


4 comments

  1. THAT MADE ME CRY AND I WANT TO LEAVE WORK AND GO HUG MY BABIES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that story breaks my heart! prayers for that sweet family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even imagine what she is going through. I love how bloggers and strangers have come together to send Jacqui and Dan strength, support, love, thoughts and prayers. My heart aches for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never hugged my babies so hard as I have this week. Hearing about Ryan brought me to tears and was an unfortunate reminder of how precious and fragile life is.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger