To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 25, 2014

Six Months Y'all and Was that a ghost?

Christmas is exactly six months away from today. Christmas is my most favorite time of year. I love the feeling that comes with Christmas. The aromas of the holiday, the memories made, and of course to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I usually start Christmas shopping in August. When the end of summer arrives I start keeping an eye out on certain things for certain people. It's worked wonders for me in the past because I'm not waiting last minute to buy things. I'll start keeping a list of ideas for my nephews, Tarl, Cadence and my parents and when something goes on sale I snag it. A lot of people ask me why I don't wait until Black Friday and truth is, I love Black Friday. I enjoy going out in the cool weather with a Starbucks in hand. I always look around at things that are on sale, but 99% of the time the sales aren't THAT great, unless you are buying something large, like a TV or an iPad.

June 25th! Only 6 months until Christmas!

*****

I've been busy this week, so there is my excuse for my lackluster blogging. It's been a busy work month week on top of Cadence going to VBS and your average home duties. Cadence spends a few hours at VBS so it gives Tarl and I a chance to ride around and spend some time together. It's nice to have that time just riding around and talking about old times, but we both agree that it would be so weird had we never had a child.

When we're riding we don't hear her in the back singing her songs, or rambling on and on about a day on the farm. It's funny how you get accustomed to something or someone. 

I will say though, she has thoroughly enjoyed VBS. She loves catching up with her friends, making crafts and most importantly learning about Jesus. If you follow me on Instagram then you've already seen these, but if not look me up @BlueJeanMiranda or just click here if you're on a smart phone. You can also keep up with what we're doing daily by the hashtag #gramfam2014

Night #1


Night #2


When I get home from work she is ready to go - that's how much she is loving it because let met tell y'all, she is a mama's girl. 

*****

Lastly, I wanted to share something funny that happened last night. While sleeping Tarl and I kept hearing a noise in our room. Watching Chiller movies all weekend didn't help our heart rate last night and sure enough we thought it was a ghost. So bravely, I grabbed my iPhone beside my night stand, turned on the flashlight and that's when we saw it, the damn cat trying to help Rosie escape out of her cage!

We're trying to house train Rosie and my sister-in-law, the vet, said the best way to do so is by keeping her in the cage at night and she'll whine when she needs to go out (BTW - it works like a charm!) The noise we were hearing was Hector's claws on top the cage. He was doing this for five minutes before I made him stop!


The whole cat vs. dog theory is crap in our house. They are smitten with each other!

That's it for today folks...Happy Hump Day!




3 comments

  1. I always plan to start Christmas shopping early. I never actually do it! Really, this year I plan to do better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so stinkin' cute! I just can't get over her. And yay! for Christmas being 6 months away! Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man Ive always been a last minute shopper, hoping to change that this year.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger