To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 26, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday

I don't know about the rest of you gals but I am so happy that the weekend is almost upon us. We have no big plans, but to be able to sleep in is amazing in itself, am I right? No alarm clock (to hit 5x), no work clothes and no bra if I don't feel like putting one on #KeepingItReal


The Five on Friday gals are taking a summer break from the link up, so I thought I'd join in on the fun over at East Coast Chic today, you can join here.

Thoughts for Thursday

**

I am loving my most recent drug store beauty purchases and thought I'd share briefly.


e.l.f. Translucent Matifying Powder (top) - Perfect for setting certain areas of makeup, specifically for me, under eye concealer. It reduces the amount of creases I get as well as making it last longer.
e.l.f. Candid Coral blush (left) - This blush is perfection. It was a toss up between this and the other one pictured so much so that I just bought both. It's the perfect mix of coral, peach and a slight hint of pink to make your cheeks really pop.
e.l.f. Twinkle Pink blush (right) - I love matte colors and am not a a huge fan of anything with sparkle. I don't want to look like an extra on the set of twilight, so I was a little wary of this when I opened to find it had a hint of shimmer, however it makes your cheeks pop without looking like glitter exploded on your face. It's a great color applied to the apple of your cheeks after you contour with some bronzer.
e.l.f. Powder Brush - Recently I've strayed away from drug store brushes. I've found that "you get what you pay for" as far as brushes are concerned, but elfs Powder Brush is one of my favorite brushes for applying blush. I'm not a fan of blush brushes because personally for me, they are too small. I like a thicker more fuller brush to apply anything to my cheeks.
Maybelline Blushing Beige Lipstick - Jaclyn Hill used this in her drug store video tutorial which you can view here. I immediately went on the hunt to find it. It was sold out every where. I finally found it today during my lunch break and it's one of my new favorite nude colors. It pairs great with both blushes too!

**

Cadence has thoroughly enjoyed Vacation Bible School this week. I love that she had some social interaction with her little friends all the while learning about Jesus, which is by far the most important part of VBS. 

Her first night she donned her cowgirl boots and headed off to VBS.


On her second night she made homemade binoculars and couldn't wait to show Tarl and I.


On their first night of VBS the kids take a picture for the parents. We received our picture last night (VBS night #3). Cadence's first time going to VBS was last year and we still have that picture on the fridge, we are adding to our collection by putting this one right beside it. 


Night #4 is the final night of VBS, it is also family night where they encourage moms and dads to attend so Tarl and I will be joining in on the fun tonight. I can't wait to see my little princess in action dancing and singing songs all the while praising His Holy name.

**

We have a lot of fun Fourth of July plans coming up. We are going to a huge fireworks show this weekend and of course no work on Friday next week (holla!). My aunt is also coming up from Florida and we are all excited about seeing her. I'm trying to get a party in the works, more on that to come. The Fourth of July is by no means Christmas, but it is a holiday I love and I can't wait to celebrate it with family and friends. Happy Birthday 'Merica!

**
I'm not rushing life, but this outfit right here is perfection and has me dreaming of cooler weather and bonfires. #OverSummerAlready

call me classy

**

This gif is about the funniest one I think I have ever seen. A simple facial expression can have me laughing hysterically and this is one of them! Just thought I'd share to give you a good laugh this Thursday afternoon :)

 This is a good one.

**

Happy Thursday folks!

Remember to keep up with me on Instagram, BlogLovin, Twitter & Pinterest!

xo


2 comments

  1. Ooh girl! I love elf make up. They have a really good website too and are constantly running promos. THe elf bronzer duo in St. Lucia is a good knockoff of NARS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love elf cosmetics- the coral blush and powder brush are tied for my favorites. I also use their eyelash curler which I swear works better than any expensive ones I've had. Sounds like your daughter is having a blast in VBS- she's adorable! Thanks for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger