To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 23, 2014

weekend

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Is anyone else having trouble with blogger today? I can post just fine, but it shows only one blog in my profile to read and I follow way more than just one blog. Not reading my blogs while sipping on my red bull is not starting off to be a good Monday - just sayin'. I always love catching up on Monday mornings after taking a blogging break over the weekend, so blogger get your sh** together!

I received a call from Tarl on Friday to pick up some benadryl and anti-itch medicine because Cadence had a terrible rash. When I got home I didn't realize how bad the rash actually was so we headed straight to the doctors office. Turns out she has a rash that isn't all too common, but not all that rare either. It's caused by a mix of either a virus or antibiotics and she's had both within the last two weeks, thus this itchy red blotchy rash all over my poor girl for the next 1-3 weeks. You read that right, this sucker could last up to three weeks!

I pray that we are more on the one week side!

Although the rash doesn't hurt her in any way, she still had to see the doctor and let's face it, that is never fun, so it was all about her on Friday evening and she said she wanted to do a craft. She chose to paint and that's what we did the rest of the night. We painted so many things my hand was starting to cramp, but she had so much fun doing it!

Photo: Olaf and daddy's red fish ❤️ Wondering what I did to be so blessed to have these two! #gramfam2014

Photo: It's a painting party @ our house tonight! Poor girl has a rash and had to see the doctor today. She wanted to paint so painting it is! #gramfam2014


On Saturday morning we woke up, made waffles (excuse the messy kitchen) and painted some more.
Even Hector the cat wanted to join in on the fun, Cadence thought it was hysterical that he was watching us paint. :)


We got dressed, walked outside and checked out the garden. We went and picked some blueberries off of our blueberry bush and spent the rest of the hot day indoors watching bad chiller movies and Disney movies, of course. 

Photo: Country girl on the farm! #gramfam2014

On Sunday we did a whole lot of nothing and to be honest I didn't get out of bed until 5pm to cook dinner and take a shower. It was an overly lazy day of movies and popsicles.

I've been wanting to see The Lone Survivor ever since I saw the previews for it and we finally rented it last night. The movie did not let me down and was a true eye opener for what our armed forces truly have to deal with. It makes you appreciate your life and living in our beautiful country a lot more! #Merica


All in all it was a pretty good weekend, I'm just ready for my baby's nasty rash to go away completely! Prayers are appreciated!

Happy Monday!



1 comment

  1. Hoping her little rash gets better soon! Not fun at all! Looks like a fun and relaxing weekend! Those are always the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger