To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 16, 2014

weekend and more!

Well hey there. Remember me? Sorry for the lack of posting, but not really...I've had a sick little girl who has a double ear infection, fever, vomiting and cough. It seems like the antibiotic has finally started to kick in as of this morning so I pray she is now on the road to recovery! It's been a long six days to say the least.

If you didn't already guess, we didn't do much to celebrate Father's Day, just lots of snuggles and Disney movies to make our little princess more comfortable. We did however get Tarl a Father's Day card with a Bass Pro gift card (his favorite). My dad loves bird watching from sitting on his back porch. So we bought a bird house and let Cadence paint it. She loved doing it and he loved it.

Since we had the down time this weekend, we decided to finish all of the hard remodeling in our bedroom and Cadence's room. So we painted the lower half of our walls a dark gray, and Tarl put some chair railing around it. We also added an M & T above our television in our room to add some wall decor. Lastly, we installed two black satin curtain panels and voila, our room is almost finished. We have two more things that we want to do with it. Add an accent chair in the corner and arrange picture frames on our bare wall, similar to the picture below.

I really need to get off of here and start picking out the pics I want and pull out all the nice frames waiting!!!!
via

Here is the accent chair that both Tarl and I want. It's currently on sale right now, but we're waiting to get it for less. *fingers crossed*

Burke Slipper Chair-Chevron
Burke Slipper Chair - Chevron

We also removed Cadence's carpet and installed wood flooring. Not only is her room now cleaner, but it looks so much bigger. The flooring just opened it up so much more!

//

Vacation Bible School starts in a week and Cadence is looking forward to it. Last year was her first year attending and she always had so much to talk about when we picked her up at night. I loved that she learned about Jesus, all the while having fun with friends and making crafts. 

The last day at VBS they put on a presentation that the kids learned throughout the week. Songs and praise and it truly is the cutest thing. 

//

Tarl and I received Cadence's tuition booklet this morning. I make her first tuition payment today. One payment for the next 13 years of tuition payments - yikes! It's so hard to believe that my baby is starting Kindergarten. Where does the time go?

We are excited about the school that she is attending. It's the best in the area and it's where I went to school up until my 10th grade year. One of my nephew's is a rising senior there, and my other one is a middle-schooler.  It's also where the rest of my siblings went to school. We are all excited to see her all dressed up on her first day. 

//

Ever since joining the Disney Movie Club, we have received six Disney movies of our choice for only $12! We only have to purchase 3 more movies within the next two years - that's it! Today I purchased Toy Story and Toy Story 2 to add to our addition. I'm always wary of club commitments, but this one has proven to be great for our family!

If you'd like to sign up just shoot me an email to get a discount, it's so worth it if you and your family love Disney movies as much as us!

//

I just have to brag on my husband for a moment. Even after being together for almost 12 years, he still manages to make my heart flutter (cheesy much?). Yesterday while Cadence was napping and we were both just exhausted from being up with her most of the night and cleaning up the house yesterday, he looked at me, with no makeup and an old t-shirt on and said, "you truly are my soul mate, I cannot imagine being with anyone but you.". Ya'll, it made me tear up. I thought it was the sweetest most unexpected thing, and definitely what I needed to hear after the rotten weekend we had.

//

I was organizing my clothes and closet yesterday and came across my fall boots. I'm not rushing the cold weather to get here, but I cannot lie, I am so missing wearing my fall boots! Am I alone on this? Probably.

//

I am obsessed with this kids maxi dress, and if you click on the link below you can purchase the pattern to make it yourself. I wish I was talented! I may have to give it a whirl though because it's beyond precious!

Toddler Maxi Dress
Emmaline Maxi 

That's it for today folks. I'm off to work and I'm sure I'll have an enormous amount to catch up on since taking off a few days last week to stay home with Cadence.


Have a Blessed Monday friends!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger