To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 16, 2014

lusting

I have a major lust list right now, and truth is Tarl and I have decided to cut back a lot to hopefully be debt free in the next four years (other than our mortgage). Why is it that the moment it's necessary for you to start saving money, is the same time you want want want?


I have learned within the past two months, that when it comes to Beauty products, you most certainly get what you pay or. Sure there are a few dupes, but for the most part certain products don't do the "real deal" justice. In the past few months I'll take what I normally spend or purchase in makeup, and save that to apply it to a nice beauty find.


Here is my current beauty lust list:


Nars Blush/Bronzer Duo - Orgasm/Laguna
Too Faced Chocolate Bar


I am loving every color in this Too Faced palette. This is on my list for 17 different reasons, 16 beautiful colors, and one super cute palette box :)

Another beauty product on my lust list is Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12 - Hour Full Coverage foundation. It comes in an array of colors to match your skin tone and also has SPF 15.

via


With the hot months officially upon us and date nights hopefully happening, the last thing I want to lug around downtown Savannah is a heavy purse. I love a clutch. They are classic and chic, and GiGi New York is on point right now. I've been eyeing the White All - in - One Bag for quite some time! You can view it in all it's glory, here.

The Hunter boot phase started some time ago. Wellies, as you  may know them, were cute to me, but not something I really wanted in  my closet, however, as of recent I have been eyeing them in black...I could definitely see me wearing them in the fall. Click here.

If you've read my blog for a while, then you know I love lush products. Here are some lush products that I am lusting over!

Ocean Salt
via
Ocean Salt is a face and body scrub with coconut cream and sea salt. I have always eyed this every time I am in the lush store, but have never took the $22 plunge and purchased. Next time for sure!

I've tried several bath bombs by lush and have loved the way that they have made my skin feel after every one, but I've never tried their luxury bath melts. The MMM Melting Marshmallow Moment sounds good enough to eat (but don't!).

MMM Melting Marshmallow Moment
via

Lastly, I've been oogling over their Curly Wurly coconut shampoo.

Curly Wurly
via

It's supposed to moisturize dry, frizzy ends and transform curly/frizzy hair into soft beautiful curls...I'll take two please!

So what do you think? Have you tried any of these products? Are they worth the splurge? Do tell...


P.S. NYC is still on the lust list - that's one lust that's never going away :)

No comments

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger