To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell and say, 'There. That taste. That's the taste of my childhood.' - Pat Conroy

June 20, 2014

friday five {some inspiration}




So I've realized that the last few times I've done a link up post, I've completely forgotten to link up #fail
Today's Five on Friday post I'm not forgetting, make sure you don't forget either and join in on the fun, here or here.

THE GOOD LIFE BLOG


one //

If you read my post earlier this week, then you are already aware that we are tightening down on our budget in order to be debt free within the next 2 - 4 years. Our goal is there and we have a plan in place, the hardest part though is to stick to our guns and be more frugal with how we spend our money. 

We, like most people, thoroughly enjoy travelling and with Summer upon us it's the time of year to do it. We normally do two weekend getaways during the summer months. One to St. Augustine to visit my aunt and spend some time in downtown and the other to Myrtle Beach. This year we have decided to cut one out, Myrtle Beach. When it came down to it, as much fun as St. Augustine is, we love the time spent with Aunt Nancy and that's not something we are willing to give up, thus Myrtle Beach is off the list. Good thing is, MB will always be there. Plus our trip to Disney in September...hurry up Fall!

If you're a new reader to Life in the Lowcountry or just visiting from the link up, here are some fun memories that we have shared with Aunt Nancy...









Clearly we are a classy group of people, but none-the-less we have a great time together.

two // 

We are all fully aware of what Spring cleaning is and to be completely honest, I've never jumped in on that band wagon. I'm a little OCD in the fact that if something is messy and catches my eye, I immediately have to clean it then and don't wait until the Spring months. Don't get me wrong, my house is by no means spotless, but it is organized and clean for the most part. I am also a family of a 5 year old, husband, one cat and one dog so use your imagination. 

However, this past weekend while remodeling our master bedroom I started to clean out cabinets and couldn't believe the junk that has accumulated after only five years of living in our home. It feels good to have an organized house. Our pantry is next and here is some great inspiration via Pinterest!

neat and organised pantry - want...

pantry organization - I like the jars for granola bars, etc.  Easy grabbing!

I love this organization idea for a pantry! <3

three //

So rumor has it that the official 50 Shades of Grey trailer is set to air sometime in September. I sure hope so because those fan made trailers I keep watching are just not doing the book any justice!

The film company did however release the first official picture of Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey and wow! Click here to see it.

four //

I am loving these Bible verses this week. I by no means read the Bible like I should, but I do read verses daily, and these two are some of my favorites!



Psalm 27:1

Good reminder for me this week. God has reminded me of this verse over & over this week when my faith has wavered with disappointing news.
five //

I am very happy that the weekend has arrived! I'm ready to do some sleeping in and snuggling with my little fam.


Happy Weekend Loves!

P.S. I was scrolling through my Instagram and have completely missed out on posting a daily pic. Since it's my Instagram, my rules, I'm going to start today. Keep up with me on Instagram here and look for my daily hashtag #gramfam2014



1 comment

  1. Ha! The one time you remember to link up and the link up tool is missing on the blogs -- that sounds like something that would happen to me! I love St. Augustine, I wish I had family there so I could visit more. It's such a rich city with history and so much to do. Best of luck with tightening your budget, I know it's hard. I am dealing with it now. Also, how do people get their pantries so beautiful like that? Pintrest is too intimidating sometimes, haha! Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments just make sure that you are not a no-reply blogger so I can respond!

Life in the Lowcountry ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Revel and Design - Powered by Blogger